42. Red

The next day, as promised Jimin set ready to head to the northern kingdom, The palace of Han.

"My lord, are you sure you do not-"

"Jeongguk, you need to stay back. I only trust you who can take care of the work in the palace." Jeongguk looks down, he was feeling ashamed that even being the general, he was leaving behind.

"I will make sure that I will bring our king home again." Jimin gave a small smile to Jeongguk who nods before bowing to Jimin. Jimin smiles again before turning back towards the carriage.

"My lord! My lord! Wait!" The maid who was close to Jimin came running towards the carriage, Jeongguk make some space for her as she ran toward Jimin, almost falling but he caught her.

"Mina, why are you-"

"My lord...I have something to give you!" Jimin blinked before he noticed something red. The maid pulls out a robe, the beautiful crimson red with gold details and beautifully done handwork on the robe made Jimin's heart flutter.

"I worked on this for a month now, my lord. Please excuse any of my errors." Jimin holds the robe and eyes it like it was something that he saw.

"No queen has ever done such a heroic thing for their king before, you will be the first in this kingdom so I thought it is the best time to offer you my small token." Mina finishes and Jimin jumps off the carriage to hug her. Mina was surprised to see such an act from the queen as she pats his back.

"Bring our king back home safely, my lord. Be back home soon, we have a flower festival soon." Jimin nods as he cries a little while hugging that girl.

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

"Mmhhmm~ Amazing!" Yonghyung moans as he finishes his meal, not giving any attention to the person beside him. The queen of the palace was right beside, feeling bad for the other king who has been trapped down there.

"Why are you not eating? Do you like wasting food?" Yonghyung roars at the queen who shivers in her seat before picking the chopsticks. She was thinking of requesting the king to let that person go but...

"Are you still thinking about Min?" The queen gasped but she bit her lips and denies it in fear.

Suddenly she was lifted by her hair and forced to look at Yonghyung, Yonghyung had a creepy smile on his face as he tighten his grip on her hair.

"Do not be a slut, my queen. Min is just a hostage for the main event." The queen wanted to spit at him but the circumstance will not be good at this point.

"My lord ...please... Do not do this...that man has ...a queen and...do not drag his queen.." Yonghyung grit his teeth and pushes her back, flipping the table as he hovers over her, the queen crawls back until she was trapped in between him and the doors.

"My queen has grown a soft spot for Min, huh? What a pity." Yonghyung squeezed the queen's cheek, hard enough to leave fingerprints on her skin.

"You know what? I will put you in your place until you regain your consciousness." With those words, Yonghyung blows off the candles.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

"We are here..." Hoseok says after watching the outside as their carriage enters the northern gate. Jimin stared at his hands as he plays with the ring, this ring was gifted to him by the king, a beautiful rock that was shaped like a butterfly since Yoongi has named him 'flower' so the butterfly represents Yoongi meaning that he will always stay with Jimin, forever.

"Jimin...let me-" Jimin looks up, no expression written on his face.

"Just prepare a route so that we can escape." Hoseok closes his mouth, defeated against this boy who he adores so much.

"Fine...but call out when you need help and..." Hoseok looks for something in his sleeves and pulls out a dagger, beautifully craved and a dragon was designed on the handle.

"Take this ...as far as I know Yonghyung, he will do something...so defend yourself." Jimin accepts it and their carriage came to a halt.

'We are here!'

Jimin turns back to Hoseok who gave a small smile to Jimin, Jimin nods and covers his face with a transplant cloth to avoid letting anyone see his face. But he was pulled back and engulfed in a hug by Hoseok.

"Be careful.."

"I will."

The carriage door opens as Jimin stepped outside, it was noon already and the sun was right over their head, Jimin saw a beautiful woman waiting at the palace gate, wearing a beautiful baby pink hanbok and a gentle smile on her face.

"Welcome, queen of the Min clan." Jimin bows at the woman who kept staring at him without breaking the eye contact.

"There was not a problem coming here, was there?" She asked again being a little concerned because Jimin said nothing so far.

"No, the path was good." The woman looks a little confused now. But she shook it off and smiled again.

"Shall we go inside?" Jimin nodded as he follows the woman inside and she led him to a meeting hall.

"Please, rest here as I will call our queen." Jimin nods again and looks around, he can not see any trace of Yoongi being here. While he was looking around the doors opened again and another beautiful woman walks in, she looks more royal than the previous woman.

She was wearing a dark green hanbok with gold details, her hair was tied up with various jewelry, and a bright red lip tint on her lips. But something unusual about this woman, she looks okay but her eyes...her eyes look puffy and red.

"So, you are the new queen of the Min clan." Jimin bows as he smells the sweet perfume coming closer.

"I am the queen of the northern kingdom, Queen Han Arium." Jimin lifts his head as he removes his cover. The woman in Infront of him looks a little surprised when she saw him.

"I am Min Jimin, the queen of the Min clan." The woman looks a little off after seeing and hearing the introduction, but she hides it quickly.

"My, what a lovely face you have. No wonder why our king Min has fallen for you." A gentle smile spreads on her face as she compliments Jimin.

"Thank you, you are beautiful as well." She laughs and Jimin noticed something on her neck, it was a dark bruise.

"I have to admit, red does suit you a lot." Jimin blinks a little before realizing that he was keeping the red robe over his shoulders this whole time.

"Thank you, my sister gave me this." The woman smiles and walks closer as she stares at Jimin. Jimin wanted to back off but he stayed still until he heard these words, whispering to his ear...

'Your king is in danger, I will show you a way, get your guards and take your king before King Han comes back from his trip.'

She leans back and gently touches Jimin's cheek.

"Escape quickly, you do not have much time left.." Jimin felt bad for suspecting her but she is only helping him here.

"What about you? You are suffering here as well.." she sobbed but smiled afterward

"I am engaged here and I can not leave..." She cups Jimin's face.

"But I can not let him ruin your life with your king." She looks around and grabs Jimin's hand.

"Let's go, we do not have much time. Your king has been in a bad condition for days now, let us go. " Jimin's heart arched when he heard those words and follows the queen.

' This is our only chance to escape this hell.. '

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

So, how are you all doing? It's been a while, I hope you haven't forgotten about this book.

I hope this update will help you