4 . Hesitation

Yoongi was having supper with his parents and his parents were quite concerned about Yoongi's recent activities.

"So, son." Yoongi's father; the king starts the conversation since he knows that until he doesn't ask first, Yoongi won't going to open his mouth.

"Yes, father." Yoongi answers as he turns his attention to his father. Yoongi's father smiles at him.

"I have heard that you are keeping the merchant's son under your roof?" Yoongi stops eating and puts down his chopsticks to answer.

"Yes, you have heard it correctly."

"Why if I may ask? What are your purpose and reasons?" Yoongi's mother giggles while covering her mouth.

"Dear, you don't have to be that concerned about our son. He has our trust that he won't do something which will disappoint us." His mother states, Yoongi smiled at his mother and clear his throat.

"As I have examined that boy, that boy is very fragile and since the merchant was in debt and couldn't handle his medication, so I thought I will take a step and help him. Even though, he has some potentiality of being a good soldier later if his body gets better. His eyes are sharp and as I have heard from his local people, they said that he is very smart even though he doesn't know how to read and write." Yoongi explains which impressed his father.

"That's a good reason." Yoongi smiles to himself.

"I'm only doing this for the nation and Kingdom." Yoongi's mother stares at him with a soft smile on her face.

"And for yourself too."Yoongi snapped his head to his mother when she uttered that.

"For me? what do you mean, mother?" Yoongi's mother giggles again.

"The maids have been gossiping that how the prince was looking happy when he was with the boy. Even they were saying that the prince was smiling a lot." Yoongi's face slowly turning red when his mother told everything that was happening in that hall room.

"Uh..mother, those are just gossips.."

"And I'm not saying anything. Now, I'm curious to meet this boy who made the prince smile." Yoongi's face was red and his father started to laugh.

"Our Yoongi is growing up."

"You are right, your highness." Both of them started to laugh and Yoongi was red like a beet.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

"Have Jimin ate his supper?" Yoongi asks the servant who was helping Yoongi to remove the robes before preparing for sleep.

"No, my Lord.  He hasn't touched a single grain of rice." Yoongi frowns when the servant informed him of that unexpected news.

"Why? He did not like what was severed for today's meal?" The servant stops and lowers his head.

"My lord, we do not know why he has been like that." Yoongi sighs and wears his robe again and walks out. The servant quickly follows him behind and Yoongi walks to the other side where was Jimin's quarter.

He saw the maids were outside of Jimin's quarter, gossiping within their selves until they heard footsteps and bowed when they saw Yoongi. Yoongi didn't waste a second and swiftly slide the door and steps inside. He notices the meals are near Jimin but he was doing something else, Jimin was surprised and scared because of Yoongi's sudden arrival. He quickly got up and bowed to Yoongi but Yoongi sighs and walks towards Jimin with a soft look.

"Why haven't you ate anything? Do you not like anything from the meal? If so, then you can tell the cook to cook you different meals." Yoongi states as Jimin lift his head in wonder.

"No..your highness. .I-"

"Jimin, what have I told you before? " Yoongi's voice went a little stern. Jimin gulps and lows down at his feet.

"Your highness..there are the maids...I can not.." Yoongi rolls his eyes before nodding. Jimin bit his lips because he doesn't want to make the prince mad on his first day here.

"Okay, then why haven't you ate your meal?" Jimin gulps nervously and looks at Yoongi in the eye, Yoongi's annoyed look quickly dissolved when he saw those soft brown orbs.

"Um...well.." Yoongi can see the hesitation in Jimin's words, so he steps closer and lifts Jimin's face with his index finger, resting under Jimin's chin.

"Don't be so nervous around me." Jimin nods as his cheeks turn red.

"Well... I couldn't eat it..alone. ." Yoongi was confused by that, what does he mean by that?

"Huh?"

"I mean...I can't eat alone..at home we used to eat together so.." Yoongi understands the whole matter and smiled.

"If that's the case then...you should join us in every meal-"

"No!" Jimin cuts in and quickly covers his mouth.

"I mean... I can not..make the king and Queen feel uncomfortable because of me.." Yoongi finally understands and nod.

"Well, then.."He trails off and turns to the maids who bowed to him again.

"Can you please bring a new batch of meals?" He requests and the maids nod, excusing themselves before walking away with the cold plates.

"I can eat those!" Jimin tries to protest but Yoongi stops him.

"You don't have to eat cold food. They will bring a new batch and from tomorrow, I will join you for every meal. If I can't then you have to join me." Jimin's jaw dropped by Yoongi's statement, meanwhile, the maids came back with a new batch of warm foods.

"So, come and sit down.  Yoongi sat down as he uncovers the meal, waiting for Jimin to join him. Jimin hesitates at first but then sat down across Yoongi who grabs the chopsticks before Jimin could.

"You are my responsibility, so I have to make sure you get everything that you wish." Yoongi picks up some food and holds it in front of Jimin's mouth. Jimin looks back and forth between Yoongi and the food in front of him.

"Your highness.."

"Noone is here except us now." Jimin lowers his head as his cheeks become a dark shade of red.

"Y-Yoongi. . I can...eat by myself.." Yoongi chuckles at Jimin's shy self.

"I know you can but let me feed you for today." Jimin looks back at Yoongi and closes his eyes before biting onto the food which was held by Yoongi. Yoongi smiles and starts to feed him until he finishes everything was on the plates.

"Good boy. Now, you can sleep peacefully without a growling stomach." Yoongi chirps but he notices that Jimin was dozing off a little, his eyes were dropping off as he can barely keep himself up. Yoongi finds it cute and tells the maids to prepare the bed for him. They did as they were told and Yoongi laid Jimin down who instantly curled up when the covers hit his body.

"He's very cute, your highness." One of the maid's states as she stares at Jimin who was already asleep. Yoongi reaches for Jimin's cheeks and strokes them before smiling to himself.

"He indeed is cute. "

///////////////////

Hello!Hello! Sorry for the short chap!!

I know bumper! But I need to end it with the fluff...

Anyway! Hope you enjoyed the chap! Let me know and vote! Thanks for reading!!!