chapter twenty five

louis: he knows.

zayn: shit, everything alright?

louis: no. i've properly hurt him, zayn. i've messed everything up.

zayn: it'll be okay, how did he take it?

louis: you can probably guess. i'm trying to find him now.

louis stuffs his phone into his back pocket with a huff, paying the driver quickly when the taxi pulls up outside the hotel. he rushes out, shutting the door swiftly behind him then running up the hotel steps. when he gets inside he slows down a little to breathe, passing the reception desk and walking back towards the restaurant.

harry has to be here.

when louis gets to the back, he keeps looking and looking around but he can't see him. everyone has empty plates on their tables, a large group in the corner playing card games, everyone else just chatting.

louis spots niall, then katie, so runs up quickly to the pair even though they're midway through a conversation. he leans over the table, leaning his hands on the wood.

"have you seen harry?"

katie shakes her head, confused. "i thought he was with you? what happened back there?"

"that doesn't matter just..." louis shakes his head. "have you seen him?"

"no." she says, "i really thought you left together. is everything okay?"

"yes." louis says quietly. "everything's fine. done worry." he leans his arms up then steps back, exhaling.

louis goes to the next table, and the next, until he's asked every table if they had seen harry, and every table had said no.

defeated and still stressed, louis holds his head in his hands and leaves the room quickly. he doesn't know where to go, and wonders if harry had taken the second key out with him and is in their room.

louis decides on checking before looking anywhere else, so takes the lift up to their floor. when the doors open he takes a quick step out, but stops midway when he sees harry sat on the floor, leant against the wall next to their door down the hallway.

louis begins to wearily walk up to him. it's like his body can't react, it's like he's seeing him for the first time in years, and louis can't comprehend that feeling.

harry is looking down to his knees, which are pulled to his chest. he looks tired, drained even, and to put it straight— just sad. as soon as he spots louis, harry stands up to his feet without a second thought, stepping back sort of hurt and louis pulls his arm out.

"harry."

harry steps back again, shaking his head at louis. "just let me inside so i can get my stuff."

"please let me tal—"

"i don't want to fucking talk." harry's voice is just as hurt as it was earlier. "just let me get my stuff."

"i can't let you do that."

"why not?"

"you're staying in our room." louis pleads, "it's ours, harry."

"you can't force me to do anything."

"please." louis sniffles at harry's coldness.

"why?" harry exclaims, "so you can draw on my face when i'm sleeping?? or perhaps your funny revenge could be stealing my clothes when i'm in the shower?!"