chapter nineteen

louis is leaving for london in two days. meaning it's not long until he's in the big city with a bunch of drama freaks counting down the days until he has to perform.

louis has tried to convince himself he's not nervous, but even his cigarette isn't calming him down.

after finishing that cigarette, he walks into the college doors with zayn, dreading having to talk to mr turner as he's (once again) late.

"i'll catch you at lunch, alright?"

"yeah, mate." louis walks off in the other direction, leaving zayn to his free period as the boy pulls on his headphones.

louis gets down the corridor and opens the door subtly, hoping the professor is too tired with him to make a fuss.

"tomlinson, you're lucky you have to perform next week otherwise i would kick you out of my class for your terrible lateness."

louis stops, taking a large huff as he stares at him, one hand on the strap of his backpack. "are you always like this or do you just like to show off when i'm around?"

the lecture hall is silent, and mr turner leans off his desk and stands up straight, arms crossed as he walks up to him. "i don't know where you got your attitude from boy, but i don't like it."

louis laughs at his tone, "i really don't care."

"well maybe you should try to understand—"

"i am. i'm trying my absolute hardest to see things from your perspective, but i just can't get my head that far up my ass." louis grins, stepping away with a little skip, then walking up the steps.

he is keeping his head down, not wanting to see harry because they haven't spoken since he walked off the other day. louis doesn't know what to do. he doesn't know whether to ask him about it or totally ignore it, because the boy acted so strangely and louis wonders if it was because of him.

mr turner has sighed and groaned by now, writing something in his little notebook (probably about louis) then continuing on with the lesson.

"hey niall." louis sits down next to the lad, who looks very amused with what just happened. he's slumped in his chair, eyes droopy.

"alright tommo?" he grins up to him.

"you excited for london?"

"yeah, yeah. annoying we won't be sharing a room though." niall responds.

"what do you mean?"

"apparently they're only doing it in groups." niall says, "proper annoying 'cause i've got a shit group. gonna have to share a room with some weirdo."

"oh." louis says, unaware this was a thing. "you could still sneak in though, surely you want to see katie."

"yeah, i will."

after one of the most boring lectures of louis' life, mr turner calls louis over as he's leaving the room.

he hesitantly walks over to him, who waits for everyone to leave before he starts to talk. "now louis... as you were late, you missed the conversation i had with everyone at the start of the lecture, so i'm telling you now."

"alright." louis gives him a nod.

"so as you know, today was the last drama lecture before we leave. i just wanted to go over what you should expect."

"go on then."

"we will be leaving here by coach at seven am, so you will need to be here half an hour before."