"Hiro?" He once again called out and his mouth gradually fell open, stunned as he hears zero response.

No way.

He tries to lean back as much as he can and sat lightly on his torso, watching him in disbelief.

He fell asleep...soundlessly.

___________________

A red honda car was guided by one of the security guards working under CDA towards the emergency entrance exit gates of the building, and inside, maneuvering the wheels from the driver's seat was Asami Saesang. Her confused and bothered stare greeted the security guard as she slowly rolls down her window.

She bows her head slightly towards him and greeted the familiar face with a smile and the man who has been working for a living here also bowed his head at the sight of her and returned her smile.

"Is there something going on?" She immediately stated her business as she saw another car was approaching behind her. Why is everyone going through the third gateway?

"Ah, the front gates have been immobilized at the moment." The man scratches his neck in disdain. He has been receiving a lot of verbal attacks from their tenants and he can fully understand why.

"Are you well Mr. Jeon? You seem out of shape." Could it be? She's sure she saw a whole army before she turned for the third gate.

"Ah, aniyo (no)," the man laughed wiping the sweat in his forehead. Though he has been walking back and forth from the first and third gates to assist their tenants, he could never get tired of his only job which gives service to his fellow people.

"It's good to have a bit of exercise these days."

Asami and the security guard laughed at his joking manner as she bid her last farewell towards him when the car next to hers has been patiently waiting behind her.

As soon as she parks her car to the nearest lot from the entrance of the lobby, she can immediately sense the stealthy eyes around her.

Seriously, what's going on?

She carefully fetched her bag and the red box from the passenger seat, stepped outside her car, closed the door behind her, and locked her car with the remote from her hand. When she glances at the entrance gate, she was more surprised to see how deserted it was.

There was no sign of life, not even a stray dog loitering can be seen, just plain harmless dark cars parked who'll definitely get a ticket a minute from now.

Aside from the noisy highway, the area was alarmingly silent.

How odd, didn't a crowd hovered all over this place a moment ago?

She looks up at the plain night sky. Well, it's a peaceful night after all. Her hands reach up to the back of her neck and shoulder, and she groans while squeezing it lightly. Aigoo, there's the pain again.

She started walking towards the lobby, with no other thought in mind other than her excitement to surprise her son with his favorite red velvet cake.

The bell attendants greeted her as well as the young lady from the front desk. Tonight was her shift and Mrs. Yen must be resting by now. She presses the up button and waits for the elevator to fetch her.

She can't wait to rest at home, her heels are killing her.

Chatters suddenly reign over the corridor as two young staff came out from the authorized room, immersed in a deep serious conversation, and Asami happens to overhear what they were discussing during working hours by accident.

"Did they confirm who it was?"

"Ani! (No) Surprisingly the cameras have been hijacked. Ah, seriously it gave me chills. They should have at least reported what happened."

"Didn't Mr. Jeon report it to the authorities?"

"Who knows, the police came and found no evidence from his claim. The cameras were back exactly before they came. They concluded that there must have been a circu—"

The ladies halts and bows to Asami before scurrying off on their feet, embarrassed to be caught gossiping by one of their tenants. Rumors might start to circulate about what happened.

But even from afar, those two were unstoppable.

"Yah, didn't the manager suggest inspecting the rooms? It could be a heist or robbery...---...---"

Robbery?

Asami almost drops the box in her hands in horror and in a blink of an eye, all the aching tiredness all over her body vanishes. She didn't wait for the elevator any longer and immediately rush towards the stairs, where a few staff was surprised by her appearance as she zooms past them in a hurry.

Please, no! God, please keep her child safe!

She silently prays, her heart tightening in severe fear and anxiety. She continues to run up the stairs. She didn't mind the stabbing pain against her ankles nor the numbing pain around her toes. What she wanted right now was to be beside her child, who she prayed is safe and well.

The bell attendants, who saw her face almost bursting into tears, followed her in worry and suspicion that this could lead them to the unanswered issue the entire staff has been willing to find out.

Author's Note:

FOR MORE chapters to read read my story on Webnovel.

I upload new chapters there first, three days in advance before I'll post it here. Hehehe.

I also often upload chapter there daily. (^-^) V

BOOK TITLE:

Captivated (BL)

MY ACCOUNT:

Daniel_BlakeZD