Uneasiness

Pratha stared in disbelief as she watched the exchange between both the families. She could not believe how everything had spiralled in a matter of few days.

"Can we get married in a week?"

That day at beach she was driven by too much emotions and without even thinking twice she had asked him to marry her. She had rebuked herself that night for her foolishness. Sunny had proposed to her few days back and asking him to marry her within a week was indeed far fetched. He hadn't spoken much since then. He had held her silently for a while before offering to drop her back. The ride back was a quite affair, she itched to talk, to ask him but bit back not wanting to go too far.

Even after two days nothing had changed he behaved very normally as if that question never happened. She felt terrible a part of her wanted to scream and rip that head off while another was terrified whether she had driven him away.

As she boarded her train to Mumbai a few days later. She could help but feel the knot in her stomach tighten. Her Sunny had not even bothered to drop her to the station but had rather assigned Rishab. Not knowing whether to feel sad or angry she had stared accross the window grill as the train left Howrah Jn.