The Meet

She was excited at the prospect of going to Calcutta not only because UOC was her dream but also to give destiny a chance to reunite her with someone. Someone who has very much been a part of her life without being in it. Someone whose memories 8 yrs old still holds fresh in her mind.

Her first instinct on arriving was to find him but a part of her was apprehensive. Would he remember her? What if he hates her ? What if he doesn't like who she is now??. Too many insecurities.

The adventurous side in her was stimulated. What's the big deal if he doesn't remember me? I do and I can meet him as a stranger! That would be fun. And I can also satisfy my curiousity of how he might have grown. Yo Pratha that's one hell of a plan!!

She thanked God as she exited from Ramu Kaka's house. She was thankful that he still lived there and was still working for the Chatterjees. Kaka just told her that his Sahib was planning to go for a morning walk tomorrow and had asked him to wake him up early. Perfect, Pratha now knew what to do.

She had recognised him the moment she saw his eyes. She had always been amused by them and his eyes were magical as she used to tell him. But what surprised her was how her golumolu Sunny transformed into this Greek god embodiment. She was smitten and embarassed at her thoughts that she exited hurrily to gather herself.

At college she saw that The Ronobir Chatterjee - the College President was a brand that every girl there died for. She felt possessive for a moment but then dismissed realising how he might no longer be her Sunny and it's better she stayed away both for her and him. She didn't want to embarass him with her long lost friendship. It's better he remains treasured in her memories. And she can still watch him from a distance.

What she never expected was him to recognise her, to acknowledge her , to call her Ladoo...