We hung up and I got Nell's dress out and found something to wear myself that matched the vibe before I went back to chill with my sisters. The other three came back and I could see Nell was not her normal self. "Everything okay?" I asked when I caught her alone in the kitchen. "Yeah." "You sure?" She nodded. "Your dress is in the bedroom." "Thank you." She went upstairs with her drink and I went out into the garden to find Scar.

"Has she told you?" She asked when I sat beside her. "So something has happened?" "Yeah... She had an emotional day I don't think I've seen her cry this much before." "What happened?" "the sales assistant was rude to her." "Rude how?" "She'll tell you when she's ready." "She won't not if it'll upset me and not if it's to do with the wedding." "Just ask her again first." "Did she pick a dress?" "No, her mum made her another appointment at a local one in Malibu so we're going to go there tomorrow." "Did she not find anything because of the sales assistant or did she not find something because she's being picky?" "The first."

I went and asked Nell what the lady said and saw her examining her body in the bathroom mirror. I stood and watched her for a long while as she twisted and turned catching herself at different angles. "Angel?" She quickly kicked the door shut. "One second." I waited and she came out in the dress. "You look beautiful." I smiled at her. "Thanks." She forced a smile back. "Are you wearing that?" She pointed to the dress that was hanging up. "I was going to, do you think I should wear something else?" "No, what you have on is fine too, you don't have to change." "What happened?" I asked flatly cutting our previous conversation short.

"Nothing." "Nell?" "Nothing happened okay, I'm fine." She retied the bow on her dress. "Have you seen my white sandals?" "They're in the walk-in on the rack." "Nell, please talk to me." "You're pushing." "I'm your wife I'm allowed." "No. You're pushing me, stop. I told you nothing happened. Take it and leave it alone." She said firmly going into the walk in to get her shoes. I sighed.

"Did she tell you?" I shake my head and look at Scarlett expectantly. "The sales assistant was just being a bitch, probably jealous of Nell to be honest." "Okay, but what was said." I needed to know. I couldn't fix it or comfort her if I didn't know what had been said. "Nell tried on this beautiful dress. Stunning, it was two sizes too big for her but they had clipped it at the back so we could see what it would look like when it would have been tailored for her." I nodded. "And this one sales assistant who wasn't even meant to be in the bath with us basically skinny shamed her." "And what did Nell do?" "She got a little uncomfortable being in the dress after that. She wanted it off, she didn't want to try any more dresses on." "What was the dress like." "Skintight, you would have loved it she looked breathtaking, Liz." She gushed "Did she like it?" She nodded. "She had this little smile on her face as she looked at her reflection she hadn't had that with the other dresses."

---------

"Slow down Nell." Tony joked with her after she just polished off two bowls of pasta and half a pizza. "Am I not allowed to eat?" She asked him in a way that clearly told everyone she was a ticking time bomb right now and I knew why. "Nell." I rest my hand on her knee. "Can we get cake?" "Eleanor." I wanted her to look at me. And she did. "You are perfect." She knew I knew from what I said. "I want cake." "We can get cake but have the cake because you want the cake not because you think you should." "It's cake." She says flatly.

I sighed and went back to eating my dinner. Nell's leg started to bounce the longer we were sitting there, she was itching to leave but everyone was still eating. She practically inhaled her food tonight and I know it had something to do with what they had said at the dress shop. "You okay?" I whispered to her. She nodded. She managed to make it through dinner, her mum checked in with her before we got in the car and Nell told her she was fine, and she didn't like the dress all that much anyway. I knew she was lying, Scarlett told me she liked the dress.