Our food was brought out, it was definitely not seafood and Lira seemed to enjoy it. She told me she hadn't eaten, neither had I. So I lined my stomach with food before I started on the champagne and wine. Isabella came up to me at one point congratulating me on having a princess as a wife. She then dragged Asim away to show him something funny.

Mom and dad were watching me, I could tell, sometimes their gazes would be back on me. But then they would start talking. Sebastian sat with them which was good because I doubt they would want to speak to the Russians. Speaking of, both Fabi and Marina congratulated us. I was being polite while Lira shook Fabi's hand and loosely hugged Marina. The girl was still pining after Raf but he was only staring at Donzel who was seated with some of our friends.

"Hey. Are you enjoying this?" Lira asked, turning her full attention to me. I smiled and turned to face her. "Of course I am. Are you?" I asked. She nodded. "The foods lovely. I can't wait to try the cake." She looked towards the five tiered cake which had a trail of roses down the side of it. "It's red velvet." I said as I sipped on my champagne.

A clearing of a throat and the tapping of a knife on a glass interrupted everyone. Fuck. I stared to my side to see Raf standing up, a massive grin on his face. Lira grabbed my hand atop the table while the room quietened down. Raf placed the knife and glass down before pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket. He looked at everyone, purposely avoiding making eye contact with me.

"We are all here to celebrate my brothers wedding and if you don't know me, I'm the charming, smart one." He began making some people chuckle. "Anyway enough about me. Lira. Since you came into Enzo's life I've always not liked the thought of a girl coming between Enzo and I, but actually you're not so bad." He continued, making Lira roll her eyes.

"You make Enzo happy and that's saying something because I've never seen him happier. So welcome to the family." He raised his glass and everyone did the same. "To my brother. You've got a good girl there so don't fuck it up. And now for an embarrassing story, I can't let anyone down. Enzo and I were seventeen, at a club. We were somewhat drunk and I lost him for a split second. Next thing I know he was squeezing the ass of a man not knowing it wasn't the girl he was just with." He laughed making everyone laugh.

"Sounds like you." Lira whispered to me between her giggling. Raf winked at me and I just shook my head. I'll let him have it. "Of course I told him and we both swore to never tell a soul but yet here I am. If I'm dead in the next forty eight hours, it was him." He pointed down at me. "So to wrap this speech up, Lira, Enzo, you're both very lucky and I wish you all the happiness in the world. To the bride and groom." He raised his glass again and so did everyone else. We all toasted and sipped on our drinks.

"Nice one." I smiled at him when he sat down. "See you had nothing to worry about." He replied before downing his glass of champagne. Looking out, I saw Admir walking over to us. He smiled at Lira and she folded her arms on the table, pushing her plate forward. Admir stopped at the side of the table and surprisingly he didn't pull out a piece of paper.

The room got quiet on cue, without him even asking for silence. Admir looked around the room, his dark features blending with his suit. "After Raphael's enlightening speech I'd thought I'd give my own. Vicenzo, I hope you look after and treat Lira with the love she deserves. I've watched her grow up into this beautiful strong woman, albeit she is annoying at times with her off key singing and she's a slob when it comes to drinking but I wouldn't have her any other way." He smiled. "Vicenzo, honestly I don't know what I expected of you when Lira confided in me that she liked you. But you are a good man. Lira's caught the attention of many men but I never liked any of them, in fact I had some of them disposed off." He chuckled. "So I'm very happy for the both of you. You've found something we all search for and I wish you all the best. To the happy couple." He picked up a glass of champagne from a table and raised it. Everyone toasted that.

"Can I do a little speech?" Asim whispered into my ear. I nodded and urged him on. He cleared his throat but couldn't quite get the room to quieten down so Raf did it for him. "Everyone shut the fuck up, not you Isabella." He grinned catching everyone's attention. Isabella grinned back while trying to wipe her hands with a napkin.

Asim gulped and looked around. "Uh hi I'm Asim. I don't know if everyone knows that. I'm Lira's brother and I just wanted to give a little speech because why not. I just want to say that I hope you both are happy and have the best lives. Yeah that's it I guess." He smiled lopsidedly and shrugged his shoulders. Lira smiled and went over to hug him. She ruffled his hair murmuring something.

It was time to cut the cake and I stood beside Lira, both our fingers being wrapped around the silver knife we would be using to cut the cake with. We of course posed for more pictures. When we sliced the cake, I picked up a fork and a bit of the cake. I held it out for her. She smiled and accepted it. When it was her turn, she picked up a big chunk with her fingers and held it out for me. I gave her a stern look so she didn't smash it all over my face. I bet she wanted to.

It was later now, we were dancing slowly in each other's arms. It was nice and quiet. Everyone else was also dancing so it meant that all attention wasn't on us. Raf had somehow managed to convince Donzel to dance with him and I sneaked a glance every so often to see Donzel adjusting his arms around her which would slip down.

Lira's arms were around my neck and mine around her waist. "Do you remember the last time we danced like this?" I asked her quietly. She hummed. "When you said you were a doctor and I think I said I was a murderer." She chuckled lightly. "You were quite unusual. Never change Lira." I smiled just swaying with her.

"Excuse me. I was unusual. Says the man who wakes up at six everyday to run. Says the man who walks up two steps at a time because it's faster. Says the man who leaves the toilet seat up all the time." She laughed. I pulled her closer and kissed her. This kiss was longer, more deeper.

When we pulled apart I looked into her eyes. "You bite your nails when your nervous which means your forever getting them done. Your favourite snack is pastry, you take out the filling of apple pies just to eat the pastry. And don't get me started on how many pairs of shoes you own." I smirked making her eyes widen. She patted my chest and sighed.

"Are you going to tell me yet?" She asked once more. Fifth time if I've counted properly. She wanted to know where I was taking her for our honeymoon and I still wouldn't tell her. "No." I shook my head.

A while later I had now danced with mom, Isabella and Mara. Lira got whisked away to dance with dad, Raf and Esad. Actually I'm pretty sure all the men wanted to dance with her but it was getting late. Yawns were beginning to appear and everyone looked worse for wear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most perfect song for a slow dance has got to be All of me by John legend.

Did this chapter give you the feels!?!!

What did you think about Raf and Admir's speech?
Can't count Asim lmao

FYI I love sweet pastry of pies so that's why Lira does that. But I do eat the filling but I would rather eat the pastry lmao.

Fun fact: Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid footballer in the world (information correct as of 2021). He rakes in $125 million from his salary and endorsement deals.