3 - Slander

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGSBLOOD/DEATH/GORE

The sounds of cheering and raucous yelling filled the large room. Voices echoed and bounced off the walls. Cheering and laughter. Smoke wafted in the air as well as the pungent aroma of weed.

I was stood by the bar of the Santa Maria, a club, bar and and illegal fighting arena in one. I sipped on my glass of whiskey, the liquid warming my insides as I drank alone. The loud music also filled the air, the beat making the floor vibrate almost. I tipped the rest of the drink into my mouth and let the glass settle on the wooden bar top. The bartender looked my way and then behind me.

A slender hand, with short nails painted in grey, grasped my shoulder. And then the hand travelled down my chest slightly. "Hi handsome." The woman spoke as she came to stand beside me. I took in her long legs in that tiny strapless black dress she had on. It defined her curves, the color matching her hair and eyes. "Hello beautiful." I replied with a smile.

She smiled and placed her arms onto the bar top, pushing up her breasts. "Can I get a refill for this man and for me, an orange juice." She ordered the bar tender. Her voice was rich, like expensive silk. She turned her face to me and looked me up and down. "I'm quite bored." She sighed and when the bartender set the drinks down in front of us, she picked up the glass of whiskey and held it out for me. I took it from her and sighed. "We could go home but apparently Raf wants to beat the shit out of someone." I sipped on my drink as Lira picked up her juice. I was surprised she wasn't drinking. She turned around, leaning her back against the bar and sipped on her drink.

"Why don't you have a proper drink?" I asked, hiding my grin by sipping my drink once more. Her lips curved up into a smile, her head leaned back slightly exposing her bare neck. "Are you being devious Enzo?" She asked with a grin. "Depends. Is it working?" I licked my lips. She chuckled and placed her drink down. She turned to me, pushing her body into mine. Using her hand she brushed her fingers through my hair and slowly travelled down to my neck. "Oh it's working." She breathed into my ear, her warm breath sent tingles down my spine. She planted a kiss on my jaw and I turned my face to the side and she kissed my lips.

"Maybe we should head home." I mumbled against her, pulling her waist to me. Her body rumbled in delight. She smiled against my lips and pulled apart. "And leave Raphael all alone." She shook her head. Speaking of the man, where was he?

Lira let go of me and sipped her drink again. "He's down by the ring talking to some girls. I don't understand, you say he's got feelings for Donzel and she apparently feels the same way so why the fuck aren't they together?" She furrowed her brows. I sighed heavily. "It's complicated I guess. Neither one of them wants to destroy their friendship."

Lira hummed, clutching her glass close. "Why don't you set them up?" She asked. "If I do, they'll blame me for ruining said friendship and I can't live with that." I looked around the club, seeing the place filled with women and men alike. The men sauntered in suits or T-shirt's whilst the women wore dresses. "Ah shit what a conundrum. Come on." She left her half empty drink on the bar top and walked away.