But there was one thing that he could do which would make Mamoru stronger, truly stronger.

The fact that he can mix his shadows inside Grudgeful Despair.

This not only meant that he could absorb his shadows inside his weapon, but that also meant he could use his weapon in ranged attacks.

With a single swipe of his weapon infused with shadows he could cut down trees without even touching them as when he swung his weapon, the shadows were released as a black slash that cut through trees.

It also made the impacts of his weapon stronger when he slammes his weapon against something in combination with his shadows.

Truly the posibilities were endless.

And while yes, he could summon alot of shadows in the night and fuse them all into his weapon. Which would cause the impact of the weapon to become so heavy that Mamoru had accidentally created a giant crator once.

He had a diffirent idea on his mind. He wanted to slam his weapon down with his shadows on an exact spot to maximize the damage done to a thing or person.

Back when he fought Regulus, he couldn't break through whatever defence he had. Although that was most likely due to his Authority that granted an amazing offence and defence. However, Mamoru figured that it wasn't invincible. Otherwise Regulus might as well be stronger than the Witch of Envy.

So, If he mamaged to create an attack strong enough, he should be able to break through whatever Authority Regulus may posses.

Rather than waiting for the night, Mamoru had gone around gathering enough shadows to match the amount he'd be able to gather in the night from a single spot.

He looked at his weapon for a moment, to the blind eye you couldn't see the shadows that surrounded the weapon. Either way, Mamoru started to get in possition and-

Subaru: Hey! Mamoru!

Mamoru: JESUS FUCKING CHR-

*Later*

Subaru: So...Why are you here anyway? I haven't seen you all day anywhere in the mansion.

Mamoru sat on top of one of the trees that he had cut down as he took a deep breath to collect himself from the scare he had moments prior.

Mamoru: Training...Still, mind not doing that again? I think I almost had a heart attack...

Subaru nodded as he glanced at Grudgeful Despair that was still in Mamoru's hand.

Subaru: So....What's that?

The young Mabeast glanced towards the direction that he was pointing.

Mamoru: Oh...I never told you about that? That's just a weapon that I pulled out of my back.

The two stared at eachother for a moment as Subaru tried to comprehend what Mamoru had just said.

Subaru: I'm sorry, what?

The young Mabeast tilted his head as he spoke.

Mamoru: My weapon that came out of my back?

He said it with a "as a matter of fact" voice, like it was a perfectly normal thing to say.

Subaru: Is that why your clothes are ripped?

Subaru pointed at Mamoru's back as his clothes were ripped, but only on the back of his clothes. Although Mamoru didn't appear to care about that much.

Mamoru: I guess so? Well, it doesn't matter much. Wanna see me do something cool?

Subaru nodded in agreement as he seemed interested in what Mamoru wanted to show him.