25- Moving Day

The first thing I did when I awoke is grab a glass of liquor, needing it to get through the day. Now I'm sat in one of the many living rooms, nursing my glass while reading a book I found in a new, fully stocked library. Klaus is finally done renovating, so no more noisy construction. If I'm being honest, it's even better than the one at the Salvatore house. Damon called me last night to check on me. Apparently he tried to get my attention when I was curled up in a ball on the side of the road but I just stared at the ground, pretty sure I was in shock. That was strike 3 for Stefan, the first being the ritual, still wanting to kill Klaus even though I would die also. Two, saying I'm not his sister, that one hurt. 3, torture, and with that I down my glass.

As I'm pouring myself more Klaus walks into the room, "Rough morning?" He says gesturing to the liquor. I chuckle dryly, "Rough year." I take a seat in my previous spot and he sits beside me. When he places a hand on my thigh I look up at him from my book, finding a smirk on his face, "I want to show you something."

As the door opens I gasp, my eyes automatically falling onto the beautiful painting in-between two white, wooden bookshelves

As the door opens I gasp, my eyes automatically falling onto the beautiful painting in-between two white, wooden bookshelves. It is a stunning painting of me standing in Times Square, wearing the same outfit I wore on my birthday. My heart practically melting as I look over at Klaus, who is looking down at me with so much love my heart could explode. I wrap my arms around his neck and press my lips onto his. The kiss is soft, and filled with emotion. "You painted it?" He nods as a smile of proudness over comes his slightly swollen lips. "Nik, it's magnificent. I love it. It couldn't be more perfect." I say before pulling away and walking up to the panting, admiring each brush stroke on the canvas. "I wanting to bring New York to you. And the only thing appealing about that congested city is you my love." A smile overcomes my face as I turn around with my cheeks slightly more pink. "New York could never compare to the way staring at this one painting makes me feel."

"I can relate." He says while staring me in the eye. "Move in with me." My eyes widen in surprise, "Really?" He takes steps until he's standing Infront of me, "Of course, your here every night anyways. I built you the office to sweeten the deal." He say with a shrug while confusion floods me. "My office?" I question as I look around the beautiful room. Truly observing it for the first time, my eyes zapped over to the painting almost instantly when we entered. Almost everything in the room is white. From the walls, floors, curtains, bookshelves, lights, but in the midst of all the white is a dark, almost black desk sat in the center of the room, creating a beautiful contrast. A white leather chair on wheels in sat at the head of the desk, ahead is two white, plush, armchairs. The two bookshelves behind the desk are full of pristine spined books, except for two shelves at the top of the right book shelf.
"You told me of your fondness of romantic literature. Luckily for you one of my hybrids fancies such novels as well. I had her go buy the best of this time. The books from your human days can go on the top row that's empty, if you wish to do so of course." I look over at Nik, completely ecstatic. "Niklaus Mikaelson, this will be the only time I say this, can't have your ego inflating to much." He raises an eyebrow for me to continue, "You are the best boyfriend ever." He looks down, smiling brighter than I've ever seen, I swear I can see the slightest blush on his cheeks. He looks up at me, "So I assume it's a yes to moving in?" I put my hands on his cheeks and pull him into a deep kiss. "It's a hell yes."