4- The Ritual

"Damon I'm hungry, why don't you fetch someone for me like the olden days?" He groans and the bartender comes up to us, "Bourbon for him, sex on the beach for me." I say cheerfully and she nods before walking off. "I'll have the same as him" I look over and see Alaric sitting beside Damon. "I screwed up." He says with a groan. "Yeah. Yeah, you did."

"Gentlemen? Why so glum?" I hear the most attractive manly voice say. I turn to my left to find a man with short curly dirty light brown hair and the most beautiful light blue eyes. As he sends me a smile my heart warms and I look away, prefect timing, I think as the bartender places my drink Infront of me. I sip on it to avoid feeling those stupid and new feelings.  "Ugh. Klaus, I presume." My brother says. "In the flesh."

"Thanks for the loaner, mate

"Thanks for the loaner, mate." Klaus says in his perfect voice although I just spin the ice in my now empty glass with my straw as if it is the most interesting thing in the world.

I hear Damon stand from his stool, "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" He says angrily. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret."

My eyes widen and I look at Damon who is smiling, "You bloody, idiotic, moron! What is this Katherine 2

My eyes widen and I look at Damon who is smiling, "You bloody, idiotic, moron! What is this Katherine 2.0!?" I yell before smacking the back of his head. This is exactly the reason I don't ever want be in a relationship again. They only lead to disappointment, I'll stick to my romantic novels where we can women create the perfectly, imperfect men.

"Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" Oh right the blood, great, just add it to the list of problems. "You are kidding? He is kidding, right?" "Nope, he's a brain dead moron." I say as Alaric says, "No, not really."

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" I spin around as Klaus and Damon stand chest to chest. "Let me be clear...I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up. I'll be taking your sister to insure you do as your told."

Before I can question anything I'm in a pair of arms making my body all tingly as the wind blows my hair all around. Once we are stopped I push out of his arms, "What the hell! Now I'm women napped! Please tell me I'm not the vampire in this ritual thingy." I yell as I run my hands through my hair, trying to fix it. "Of course not sweetheart, I won't harm you, you have my word." Confusion floods me, "Then why did you take me? Surprised the Salvatore brothers, have an awesome baby sis?" He chuckles, "Not exactly Alice Smith, or do you go by Alice Salvatore these days? I know in London after your wedding in 1897 you were a Smith."