14- Chicago

Klaus woke me up as we pulled into some warehouse. I get out of the car and walk, practically like those zombie hybrids, up to Klaus and Stefan, who are standing at a door. What I see makes me wake up real quick, "Chicago?" I question whimsically. Klaus nods at me and wraps his arm around my waist as we overlook the city. Hopefully he will compel me to remember now that we are in the actual city. "What are we doing here?" Stefan asks. I can't help but feel saddened by how close we were during the 20s compared to now.
"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Stefan looks although he is reminiscing, "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."
"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus says while looking into my eyes, he's clearly amused by my forgotten memories. He looks back up at at city, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical." I press a kiss to his cheek. Chicago was certainly magical from my recollection, and I only remember the first month of being there.
"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says while turning away from the door.
"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus says while closing the warehouse door.
"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" He questions, clearly annoyed, with his arms crossed over his chest. Klaus wraps an arm around my waist and guides me to the SUV,
"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

When we pull into a parking lot that I haven't been in for nearly a decade, my jaw drops as I look over at Klaus, who is sitting beside me in the backseat of the SUV. "This place was magnificent, I practically lived here" His lips turn up the smallest bit, "I know." I roll my eyes as the car stops. Klaus gets out of the car and then offers me his hand.

We walk into the bar and I can't help but be a little disappointed. Everything is modern and the stage is gone, "This place looked way better in the 20s." I say sadly making Klaus chuckle before pressing a kiss to my cheek. We all lean over the banister, looking at the quiet, dim bar.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus says to Stefan. "I can't believe this place is still here." I look over at Stefan with a smile, "Me either, we had fun here." Stefan smiles softly at me. "You got to be kidding me." A women's voice says making me look her way, I can't help but think she looks extremely familiar, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."Klaus says making me shake my head.

"Stop

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." I smile widely as I remember my friend from the 20s, she helped me grow as a person, pushing me out of my comfort zone. I speed forward and wrap her in a hug and swing her back and forth. I pull away still having my hands on her shoulders, "You've been alive and running this place this whole time?!You look as hot as ever!"
She smiles widely at me, "It's good to see you Alice." She looks over my shoulder at my brother, "I remember you."
"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."
"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" I chuckle,
"You haven't changed a bit." She shrugs with a smile.
"Gloria's a very powerful witch." My eyes widen as I look at her and she nods,
"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." Confusion fills me,
"I spent nearly everyday with you and I didn't find out you were a bloody witch." She chuckles and takes a seat at one of the tables, as do I.
"Who do you think made your daylight ring?" I look down at said ring before glaring at Klaus,
"I don't remember." He rolls his eyes and looks over at my brother, "Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?" Stefan raises his eyebrows, "Yeah, sure thing." He says before turning away and walking to the bar.