16- Rebekah

Klaus and I walk into the warehouse and up to Rebekah's coffin, it is now empty, I look over it and see the guard man dead on the floor, with a neck wound. 

"Rebekah

"Rebekah...It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are." I roll my eyes at his dramatics and suddenly I'm pushed to the ground. Nik gasps as Rebekah stabs him in the heart with the dagger, "Go to hell, Nik!"

 Nik gasps as Rebekah stabs him in the heart with the dagger, "Go to hell, Nik!"

"Nice one, Bekah." I say as I stand up from the concrete floor. Klaus grabs the dagger from his chest and barley winces as he pulls it out, he drops it on the ground. "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me."
"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more."
"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once." I laugh loudly,
"Nik, you deserve much worse than basically a paper cut." He glares at me and Rebekah smiles at me before they look at each other again.
"Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in." I stand beside Klaus as Stefan walks into the room, clearly not recognizing Rebekah. "Stefan..." She says with a smile on her face. Klaus walks toward him and puts a hand on his shoulder, "Now you remember." Stefan closes his eyes, when he opens them he clearly recognizes her. "Rebekah." He says, his lips lifting softly as he walks towards Rebekah and I.
"Stefan." Klaus says from behind him making him spin.
"I remember you. We were friends."

"We are friends

"We are friends." Klaus says before looking at Rebekah and walking toward her, "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch."
"The original witch?" She says in distaste.
"What do you have that Gloria needs?" Rebekah touches her neck and panic is evident on her face, "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!"
"I don't know. I didn't touch it."
"We need to find it, Nik. Now, I want it back!"
"Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah!" He yells at her while grabbing her shoulders. She pushes him back and digs around in her coffin before slamming it shut and throwing it. I take a deep breath and wish I had another bottle of tequila.

As Klaus and I walk into our hotel room in Chicago, I cant help but feel extremely anxious. I need to talk to him about how I think Elijah is my soulmate and I am dreading it. I put my hair up in a bun as Klaus grabs a bottle of liquor from the mini bar along with two glasses. He sits down on the couch and I sit beside him as her pours our glasses. He hands me one and I pace myself, taking a small sip instead of chugging it like earlier. "Well that's a good sign." He says while raising his eyebrows making me chuckle. "I'm only sipping so that I can articulate my words in the best way." He leans back against the couch, one arm across the top, while his other hand nurses his liquor. "Go ahead my love, you have my undivided attention." I gulp in nervousness, "I need you to keep calm the best you can Nik." He hums and sips his liquor. "After the ritual when you were shifted, I'm sure you remember when I fed from Elijah." His jaw tenses and I continue, "I didn't connect it back then because I didn't even know it was a thing.  When I was alone at Glorias I was thinking about your blood, and how yours is the only blood that tastes... magical. And then I thought back to that night." He sighs before downing his drink and pouring more into his glass. "Elijah, is your soulmate as well." My eyes widen, "You knew?" He smiles at me as he leans back again, "I told Elijah you would die with me. I knew he wouldn't kill his soulmate he had spent centuries longing for. I could see it in his eyes as he looked at you in pain. Over the centuries I have never seen that look, until you. When you fed on him it only confirmed my suspicions." I nod weakly and set my glass on the table before laying across the sofa, my legs stretched across his lap. I look up at the ceiling, "Do you think less of me?" I question quietly as my venerability shines through. 

"Of course not. It doesn't change anything." He says sounding appalled I would even think that. "What about when you undagger him?" I question and he sighs. "I could just keep him daggered for the rest of eternity." I grab the pillow under my head and hit him with it causing his glass of liquor to spill all over his shirt. "That's not an option." He stands up while laughing, "I was just joking sweetheart. We will simply deal with it when the problem arises, in both definitions.  You have been very aggressive lately." I feel as though a boulder has been lifted off my chest as I stand up from the couch. "'You certainly weren't complaining earlier."
"That's because it was your hand, not a bloody pillow."