one hundred | we have not long to love

Start from the beginning

With furrowed eyebrows, Hayley asked her, "Did she ever tell you what this danger was?"

After scoffing to herself, Annabelle replied, "What the hell do you think, Hayley?" When Hayley didn't respond, Annabelle told her, "The last time I saw that bitch, she tried to kill my siblings and I. As far as I'm concerned, that bitch could stay dead because if I ever do see her again, I will kill her and I won't care for what happens as a result of it."

* * *

12 years ago

Hayley said into the phone, "Annabelle, we need your help."

With an eyebrow raised, Annabelle replied, "Oh, do you now?" When Hayley didn't respond, Annabelle said to her, "That's funny. Because last I checked, based on what Kai had told me before his disappearance, was that Freya and the rest of my brothers didn't even consider me family, so do tell me why the hell I should give a damn about whatever mess you and my horrible excuse of a family had dragged themselves into."

Hayley told her, "The Strix has taken Klaus and Elijah captive and we need your help to get them back."

After scoffing to herself, Annabelle asked her, "And what, you don't have anyone else you could possibly ask for help?"

Hayley said to her, "No, I don't. The only people I have are Marcel, Freya, Lucien and Stefan Salvatore. We need you, too."

After a couple seconds of silence, Annabelle asked with her head tilted to the side, "What was that last name you had just mentioned?"

Hayley replied, "Stefan Salvatore. Why?"

The most Annabelle did was chuckle to herself in response before she asked Hayley, "If I do this, does this mean I won't have to worry about my horrible excuse of a family trying to shove a dagger into my heart at the first chance they get?"

Hayley said to her, "Yes. And if they try to, they'll just have to go through me. I promise, Annabelle."

After a couple seconds of silence, Annabelle replied, "Hmm. Well, I suppose you can count me in, then, Hayley Marshall-Kenner." After a couple seconds of silence, Annabelle asked her, "Or is it just Hayley Marshall now? You know, seeing as how your husband was killed by Tristan de Martel of all people."

Hayley told her, "Just get here, Annabelle."

With a smirk on her face, Annabelle said, "It would be my pleasure."

* * *

12 years ago

Just as Annabelle went to shove her hand into Stefan's chest, she suddenly stopped when Hayley told her, "Annabelle, don't. We might need him."

After scoffing to herself, Annabelle slowly backed away from Stefan before she started to walk back over towards Lucien, only to stop when she felt a sudden and blinding pain start to attack the inside of her head.

She quickly grabbed the sides of her head and started to heavily shake from where she stood, while she slowly turned her head to see that Freya was holding a hand out towards Annabelle with her eyes narrowed.

As soon as she saw the murderous look Annabelle had on her face, Hayley yelled, "Freya, don't!" When Freya didn't relent, Hayley told her, "I called Annabelle here to help us with getting Klaus and Elijah back. She's just here to help."

After quickly lowering her hand, Freya replied, "Fine." Then she told Annabelle, "If you screw up in any way that results in the deaths of our brothers, I'll make you wish that you were actually daggered months ago."