chapter 20

"How'd you get out?" Calum asked confused.

"You should've checked the stand of the moon, CalPal," Jake taunted.

"Full moon" he whispered in realization.

"That's right, little demon. But I didn't came here for you. I came here for her. Have you thought about my proposal?" He asked her.

"I-I don't know," she confessed.

"You're seriously thinking about going with him?" Calum asked taken back.

"Yeah, I am. All I know about him are stories you guys told me. Who says he's the bad guy and not you? Yes, you've all been very nice to me but who says that's not a plan to manipulate me? Honestly I don't know what to think. You were all lying to me and he's some stranger that hurt me but happens to be my only family member I have left," She explained herself.

"I know this is confusing, but don't go with him. You somehow lead me towards your memories with your parents when we were practicing. I saw what happened those night. I saw what Jake did. Luke can help you see what I saw. Please, give this a chance," Calum pleaded.

"Don't listen to him, Allison. Luke can plant fake memories in someone's mind. Why wouldn't he do the same with you? After all, they're trying everything to keep you with them...," Jake countered.

"He wouldn't do that," the younger demon shook his head.

"Yeah? Like he wouldn't betray you like that?" Allison asked.

"Look, Michael can make a potion to prevent Luke from doing that. If you don't trust him I can make it or Ashton can. You two are having a thing, isn't it? If you don't trust us, trust Ashton," He tried to reason with her.

"Looks like my time is almost up. Think about it Allison. And Calum? You could always come too, if you want. A place where you won't have to hold your anger back. Think about it too. I suppose I'll hear about you two in the future," Jake said and vanished.

"Where'd he go?" Allison asked.

"It's past 4 o'clock. Devil hour is over. He won't be able to get out of the shadow world with only the full moon," Calum mumbled.

"Look, I'm sorry but can you blame me? I'm suddenly thrown into this underworld life and all I know is that everything I know is a lie," She sighed frustrated.

"I don't blame you. In fact I'm happy you're giving me a chance. I really thought for a minute that you were gonna leave me," he confessed.

"Aw you care about me?" She smiled.

"No, I was more think about how I would explain this to the guys," Calum denied.

"Right, of course. Say whatever you want to say, Hood. You care about me," Allison teased.

"Lets just go home," he sighed.

The two walked the whole way home in silence and Allison felt herself getting tired.

Once home, they both went their separate ways and into their own rooms.

Allison was knocked out from the moment her head touched her pillow while Calum on the other hand, couldn't sleep.

He was trying to come up with a lie for why he had entered Allison's mind and saw what he saw.

He didn't even come close to find an explanation.

Soon the sun came back up and everyone started to wake up.

Calum hadn't slept at all, Allison was still sound asleep and the other three demons were already downstairs preparing dinner for Allison and themselves.

They had a long day ahead of them because today was the first day of training.

"So how do you see this go down?" Michael asked Ashton who was writing and scratching on a paper.

"I was thinking that Luke could help her find out if she has any special power. You could help her comprehend all the rules, spells, potions and stuff. Calum would help her control her powers and I help her defend herself or attack someone," he explained.

"Okay, I see... Why'd you think it is a good idea the help Allison learn how to control her powers by placing her with a teacher who recently lost control?" The multicolored hair demon asked.

"Exactly because of that. He recently learned how to control himself again so he still knows the ways," Ashton explained.

"Point taken. What about time? When will we teach her?" He asked.

"I was thinking that today you and Calum would practice with her. That way she already knows the basics and she'll be less likely to lash out again like last time," The older demon answered.

"So what will we do in the meantime?" Luke spoke up for the first time in this conversation.

"I don't know, watch I guess or do the stuff like we normally do," he shrugged,"But Luke don't forget the thing tonight."

"You're still planning on doing that?" Michael asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Yes we are, Michael. I'm done guessing what happened that night," Ashton replied.

"Whatever, this is gonna end up badly. Just like last time," he warned them.

Luke didn't say a word and had a doubtful look on his face. He remembered that night like it was yesterday. He lost his best friend's trust that day.

"Ashton I-" Luke started to say but got interrupted by Calum walking in.

"What are we gonna do today?" He asked his friends.

"Practice with Allison," Ashton replied as he sipped from his coffee he just poured for himself.

"Oh, right, what is my task and when?" He asked the older boy.

"You're helping her control her powers and you're training session is in the afternoon, Michael you will practice her from the moment she's ready," Ashton commanded.

"Sounds good to me," Calum said, "but someone should probably wake her up."

"No need for that, good morning boys," Allison greeted them.

"Morning Alli, sleep well?" Ashton asked walking up to her and kissing her temple.

"Yeah," she smiles before continuing, "so what's the plan? With what do I start?"

"Learning the rules and all that kind of stuff with me and controlling your powers with Cal," Michael answered.

"Oh and I want to talk about something after the trainings," the elder demon said.

At that sentence, Calum tensed up 'cause he knew what Ashton was planning on doing. He pretended that he knew nothing and looked at his blonde friend, who was avoiding eye contact with him. Instead he had an intense stare-off with the ground with a guilty look placed on his face.

"Sure, let's get started," the girl happily said and followed Michael to his lab.