Chapter 14

A couple hours later and a lot of awkward silence between Allison and Calum, Ashton returned home.

"Thank God you're home. Where were you?" Allison asked.

"I was out?" He said unsure.

"You too? Gosh why are you acting so strange?" She sighed frustrated.

Ashton was about to say something but was interrupted by Allison's phone going off.

"I'm sorry. It's my mom. I have to take it," she excused herself.

"Did you tell her anything?" Ashton asked his friend in a whisper.

"Well, I told her the truth but she didn't believe me," Calum shrugged his shoulders.

"You did what?!" He yelled but Calum shushed him.

"She thought I was lying so no big deal," he assured him.

"You better watch out Cal. They could ban you if you keep doing this," Ashton warned.

"I'll be fine," he replied.

"Hey guys, I need to go to my parents. They said they had to tell me something," Allison said, walking back in the living room.

She kissed both guys on the cheek and left their house.

She walked the small distance between the houses and entered her own.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Allison yelled as she placed her keys in the bowl next to the door.

"Hi darling, good, you're here," her mother greeted her and lead her in the living room where her father was seated.

Her mother sat down beside her husband and Allison sat down on the opposite couch from the two.

"So... what did you wanna tell me?" She asked.

"Well, we finally got that promotion we were trying to get for so long..." her father said.

"That's great!" She said enthusiastically.

"There's only one problem..." her mother said while looking a bit doubtful.

"We'll have to move to Canada," her dad finished.

"What?! No! I won't go! I'm not leaving! I just started to make friends, you're not gonna take that away from me!" Allison yelled in protest.

"We thought you would say something like that. That's why we came up with an alternative," Her mother shushed her.

"Which is?"

"You stay here while we go to Canada for a year. We don't trust you alone just yet so we asked if you could live with the boys next door and they agreed," her father explained.

"You're serious?" Allison asked.

"Of course we are, sweetheart," he assured her.

"When are you leaving?" She asked.

"Tomorrow," her mother replied.