ninety nine | the kindness of strangers

Beginne am Anfang

It was then that Klaus said as Kol started to make his way back into the room and actually clothed this time around, "Suppose you were in a board meeting."

As he went to put on a shirt, Kol said, "I was waiting for my wife to come home from work. Once again, ripped from complete contentment for... this. Suppose I'll ask the obvious: piss off any witches lately?"

After Klaus and Annabelle shared a look with each other, Annabelle said, "Perhaps one or two. I had nothing to do with it."

With a raise of his eyebrows, Kol replied, "Of course not. Because it would be a complete shame for Joseph to waste seven years of his life devoting himself to making you feel better, only for you to revert to your old self in just a matter of hours."

It was then that Klaus said as he gestured between himself and Annabelle, "Actually, our current enemies are a group of hatemongers who see myself and my daughter as abominations to the vampire race."

With a raise of her head, Rebekah said, "The bigoted undead. That's new. They must have a witch-for-hire."

Kol replied, "A witch that's spent enough time here to replicate every detail. This is Elijah's prized Cheval Blanc."

Not long after he said that, the four of them heard a voice say to them, "The culprit may be closer to home." After the four siblings looked up to see Freya making her way over towards them, Freya told them, "A witch who knows the compound well and who doesn't trust you to stay away from Elijah. Someone who would risk everything to save New Orleans from plagues."

With a sigh, Klaus said, "Vincent."

With a nod of her head, Freya replied, "On the bright side, he'd never harm Hope." Then she looked between Klaus, Kol and Rebekah as she said, "You, on the other hand, I expect he'll be shipping your bodies to the four corners of the world."

With raised eyebrows, Rebekah asked her, "All of our bodies?" When Freya only sighed in response, Rebekah asked her, "He isn't here, is he?"

It was then that they heard another voice say to them, "He is." While Annabelle turned her head to look over at Elijah with a scowl on her face, Elijah told them, "I think I might have just found a way out of here."

With a scoff, Annabelle replied, "Oh, well, that's just good for you, now, isn't it?"

While Kol only grimaced to himself in response, Rebekah started to say to her, "Now, Annabelle—"

With her eyes narrowed, Annabelle said, "No. Do not Annabelle me, little sister." As she gestured towards Elijah, she said, "After all, this one is at fault for what happened to Hayley. Which, you know, reminds me, Elijah. The moment we are out of here and actually awake, I am going to find Roman and kill him before going after your precious Antoinette, all because I can in the name of Hayley for what was done to her after your failure to save her from dying in the first place."

After both Klaus and Rebekah looked over at Kol, Kol raised his eyebrows to himself before he quickly made his way over towards Annabelle and started to lead her away from Elijah and did everything he could to make her calm down, due to just how angry she was with Elijah and the part he played in Hayley's death.

* * *

As he went to take a step forward, Elijah said, "This wasn't here before. What is it?"

After taking a step forward and grabbing the lock, Kol told him, "It's representational magic. I expect there are keys, one for each of us, hidden somewhere meaningful. Somewhere connected to who we are."

Elijah replied, "And for those of us who don't remember who we are?"

While Annabelle only scoffed to herself in response, Klaus said to him, "I'll give Antoinette your regards."