27 ❥ puppy love

Start from the beginning

"You gotta train him ASAP."

"I'm working on it," Axton mumbles.

"Wait right here!" I say before making my way back into the kitchen, grabbing a small cup, and filling it with whipped cream.

"Have him try this," I suggest as I slide the cup over to Axton.

The dog quickly begins to sniff the cup and then starts licking all the whipped cream from the cup.

I take out my phone from my back pocket and snap a pic of the dog to send to Ryan.

She has a soft spot for dogs, especially labs.

"So why Oreo?" I ask.

"In all honesty, the second I saw him I just thought about Oreos. Plus, who doesn't love Oreos?" Axton says.

"How did your parents react?" I ask.

"They don't know."

"What? How?"

"They haven't been home in a week so..."

"Jesus guys, they're gonna kill you."

"Yeah, if they ever find out." Xander mumbles.

"Uh right...Oh! Ryan finally submitted her piece." I tell Xander.

"She did it?" He asked shocked.

"Yeah! She met this guy here at the diner last week and he gave her the best advice."

Xander laughs and I notice Axton stiffen. Weird.

"Well, I'll do everything in my power to make sure she wins," Xander says.

"Actually, she wanted me to tell you not to get involved. She wants to win this fair and square."

"That's admirable." Axton smiles.

"Yep, that's how Ryan has always been. Especially about her art."

We all continue talking until I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

Incoming Call: Ry Ry <33

"Speaking of Ryan, I'll be right back." I quickly get up and make my way outside.

"Heyyyy!" I yell.

"Heyyy girlie! How's work?" She asks.

"Ugh, I don't know how you do it. I'm dying!" I groan.

"Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow."

"Tomorrow can't come fast enough."

"Want me to come visit you?"

"Oh my god, yes! You can meet Xander's brother and his adorable new puppy Oreo."

"Xander has a brother?"

"Yep, he's a few years older than us and annoying as hell but his dog makes him tolerable." I laugh.

"Is that the dog you sent me the picture of?"

"Yep."

"I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Yay! Also, how are things going with Alex." I smirk and wiggle my eyebrows.

"Stop smirking and it's going great. He's just so perfect. He's funny, kind, and he's hot as fuck."

"Damn girl! So I'm assuming Jackson is out of the picture..."

"Uhhh not yet..." She mumbles.

"Girl! Why are you still with that loser?"

"It's not that easy Arya. We've been together for so long and we have so many great memories together." She says in a hushed voice.