Chapter 27: The Monthly Exams

The group walked carefully down the stairs.

Halfway down, Wan Da's hand suddenly tightened on the railing. "Fuck it, there, there, there really is..."

"There's what?"

"What did you see?"

"—There's a ghost."

Xie Yu lifted his wrist and glanced at the time.

The minute hand was over the 12; it was exactly 1 a.m..

At the end of the corridor on the second floor, the audio sensor light hadn't turned on. There was a vaguely human shape slowly moving towards them, but its limbs couldn't be discerned.

'Its' footsteps were very light, like the scene was being played back in slow motion.

Only the moonlight and the streetlights that shone in from the window shed some faint illumination onto this mysterious scene.

Xie Yu clenched his hand around the Ghost Seal. He suddenly wanted to comfort this giant idiot next to him. He was about to say, "You don't really fucking think that someone wearing a bedspread and moving around is something supernatural, do you?"

But he saw He Zhao pull another piece of paper from his pocket; the sigils and yin-yang symbol were nearly identical to the one in Xie Yu's hand. He Zhao looked remarkably calm: "Don't worry. I have one more."

"......"

"Now what?!" Wan Da asked.

He Zhao retorted, "You made so many battle plans. Didn't you think of this scenario?"

Wan Da lowered his voice. "Actually, I didn't think we'd really meet it..."

Xie Yu leaned against the wall and said, "...What else can we do? Shall we go up and say hello?"

Wan Da was silent.

"Actually, I think that for a man's quest we need to be braver." Wan Da began speaking, then his attitude made a 180 degree turn. "Shall we go back and..." And sleep.

Before he could finish speaking, Ding Lianghua, who had been silent the entire time, shot out from beside them!

Ding Lianghua's time for the 100m sprint must have been great. During the next sports meet, they must get him to participate. He ran like a whirlwind. He even remembered to grab the fire extinguisher standing in the corner as he passed it and brought it down on the blob of something with a thunk.

Wan Da: "......"

He Zhao:"......"

Xie Yu:"......"

"What is going on?"

"Are your school dorm lives so exciting?"

"A rich nightlife, certainly."

Monday morning, when Shen Jie set foot into the classroom, he hadn't even put down his schoolbag before he heard the strange rumors. He turned in his work, not even bothering to revise, and ran straight to class 3.

He leaned in through the window and stuck his head in. "I heard Mad Dog almost exploded from rage. What on earth did you do?"

The students were currently moving their desks around and the atmosphere was rowdy. Xu Qingwing had finished moving her own desk and was helping the others alongside Liu Cunhao: "Luo Wenqiang, you go behind Wan Da, and then your row should line up with this side... there are 32 people taking the exams in our classroom. If there aren't enough tables and chairs, go borrow from the class next door."