Chapter 12: What the hell is your damage

After Xu Xia's colleagues consoled her in the faculty office, Xu Xia finally felt the anger lodged in her heart loosen. Only then did she take the class register and go to class. It was already more than ten minutes past the class meeting's start time when she left the office.

Xie Yu hadn't intended to be late. He had put away all his things, which had taken some time, before setting off for the school building. He had expected to be stopped in the classroom doorway and hadn't expected the form teacher to arrive even later than he did.

As Xie Yu passed by the windows, the classroom, which had been lively with chattering, suddenly went silent. Everyone sat up straight and looked straight ahead, even though there was nothing written on the blackboard.

"Classmates, my surname is Liu and my name is Cunhao. That's right, Liu Cunhao. I'm guessing that everyone has more or less heard stories about me. I was class rep of class 1.7 last year and I have a lot of experience with managing a class. But I hope that when we pick a class rep later, that you please don't pick me."

Everyone was as quiet as chickens. The boy stood with his back to the windows, his words flowing continuously.

He was quite a silver-tongued boy, and he gesticulated with his hands when he spoke. "Don't pick me. Give the opportunity to someone who needs it more, especially someone who has never been class rep. I think we very much need to give them a chance to stretch themselves."

The people near him winked wildly, hinting to him to look out of the window, but Liu Cunhao didn't notice their intentions at all. "...All in all, don't pick me. What are you doing? Don't make eyes at me. I don't intend to have an early romance."

—Xie Yu raised a hand and knocked on the door.

Liu Cunhao turned to look in the direction of the sound and was instantly rendered speechless. "......"

Liu Cunhao's deskmate lowered his voice and whispered, "Hao-ge, everyone was hinting so obviously, but you were so self-absorbed..."

Liu Cunhao's heart contained hundreds and thousands of words he wasn't sure how to speak. All he could do was silently sit down and pretend nothing had ever happened. "If something's up couldn't you damn well say it directly? What did you wink and nudge for?"

Xie Yu had become famous early on.

When he first entered the school, the wild rumors that he had copied his exam answers had given him the status of a god of cheating in everyone's hearts.

At first, the discussion went in this direction: This guy is powerful. Too powerful. Even in the high school entrance exams he dared to cheat. I heard that even if his original grades were multiplied by three, it wouldn't be enough to get into Er Zhong.

Later, Xie Yu had skipped class and gotten into a fight outside school. One against five. The punishment was a public shaming in front of the school. It was posted on the noticeboard in big font for nearly a semester. With one fight, he had made his name.

Right now, Xie Yu stood in the doorway with his bag slung over one shoulder and his hands stuck in his pockets. His expression was blank.

The classroom was already full of people. Once people heard about the class placement situation, even the students on sick leave had asked the classmates they knew to reserve a seat for them with their bags. They were worried to death that when school started, a living King of Hell would be sitting next to them.

Xie Yu glanced around. There were only two empty seats in the second column of the last row. So he walked toward the last row at a leisurely pace.

Some students whispered to each other: "Is this all right? Doesn't this mean the two of them will sit together? One mountain can't house two tigers. What if some chemical reaction happens between the two of them? Will the classroom explode?"