Chapter Twelve

You and Chan had just sat down a moment ago, Rex tucked beside your chair with his head resting on his paws. The food had been ordered for the bunch, maybe too much if anyone asked you. You would be surprised if you all could finish what had been laid out before you, everyone taking bits and pieces of each other's plates and then some.

"So, Alexa, can I ask why it is that you wear a wig?" Changbin asked with his head cocked to the side. "I mean you don't have to say anything if you don't want to, I'm just kinda curious is all."

Your best friend shot you a look and you gave her a small reassuring smile. She needed to finally rip off the bandaid and tell her soulmate the truth, tell them all the truth. And with a thumbs up, you spoke. "You can do it, Parabatai."

She nodded, casting her eyes down and folding her hands in her lap as she answered. "My um...soulmate. He is an idol like you guys."

"Wait, really?" Seungmin piped up looking at her in surprise.

"That's kinda cool though." Jeongin wowed. "Do you know who he is?"

Alexa nodded. "I do, but I've always thought about what would happen if he were to find out. More so what would happen to his career or what the fans may think of him after he reveals he found his soulmate."

"We all have soulmates." Bang Chan started out. "As much as I love our fans, they will eventually have to accept us finding our other half. With that said, I won't doubt having trouble for the next couple months now that I've found Y/N. But with that said you shouldn't let that be your only factor in whether he should know or not, because if he's anything like us then he's thought about it. He's probably already thought about how he'd keep you protected from the fans that have the hateful comments and shit."

She nodded, finally looking up and around the table. You watched as her eyes lingered on her soulmate a moment longer before looking back to you. You could understand her fear, in fact you weren't prepared for what would happen next with you and Chan's relationship. He was right, he'd get backlash for finding you and if you were being honest with yourself you would get the same on your streaming channel. But you were ready to face it together with him, you just hoped that Alexa would face the same thing with her soulmate.

"Don't let the fear of the fans backlash be what stops you from telling your soulmate." Chan told her. "Which I assume you haven't told him with the fact that you wear the wig."

"It's not the only fear I have." Alexa spoke honestly. "At first I let the terror of fans finding out ruin my selfesteem. But when I finally got over that and was ready to accept that my soulmate was famous, another thought crept in. I mean I've been on both ends seeing how soulmates view each other. My father and mother both rejected their soulmates, granted it was due to having a child together but still. I've seen more than my fair share of soulmates rejecting one another, but then I see you and Y/N and think I could have the same."

"You can bestie, I don't think he'd reject you like you fear." I told her. "Besides, you won't know until you try, right?"

"Okay..." She breathed with another nod. "Well I guess I should start off with saying that he's a member of this group."

"He is?" It was Felix who spoke, his face a mixture of emotions.

"Yeah." She smiled softly to herself, meeting his eyes quickly before looking away again.

"Okay, now I'm curious." Han whined out with a laugh. "Who is it?"

"Let me just take this off..." Alexa reached for the wig, pulling it off. She set the wig on the table beside her plate before pulling off the wig cap and letting her short chin length lilac hair fall around her face. It was limply curled, a look she most likely didn't brush out from the night before but one that made her look like your beautiful best friend.