Chapter Seven

It was nearly two and a half weeks later after Chan had found out through Alexa that you were his soulmate...well possibly. Chan himself had found that you were constantly on his mind so much so that he secretly watched your videos. It was all something that helped him get to know you until he could officially meet you. Over the time it took waiting, Alexa had caught Chan watching you videos on multiple occasions while she did his hair.

It has also been nearly two weeks that Alexa had tried convincing you to come to work with her so that you could meet the group. And here she was laying beside you on your bed, Rex with his head laying on top of your chest. Your hands were carding though his fur, it had been an hour since he had alerted on the early signs of your attack and so here you were still laying in bed, Alexa beside you. You were fine now and Alexa needed to get your mind off of what had just happened.

"Have you thought any more about meeting them?" She asked you.

You shook your head. "Not really, I'm still not so sure about it."

"Oh come on." She begged with a soft smile. "I know you'd like the chance to get to know them. Please?!"

You shook your head with a small laugh. "Let me think about it a little more."

"I've let you think about it for two weeks now." She pouted, propping her head up with her hand and turning to face you. "You need to actually answer me for once."

"Fine! Fine, I'll go." You rolled your eyes, finally taking the time to sit up and pushing at Rex's head slightly for him to move. "Thank you buddy, I'm fine now."

"Yay!" Alexa giggled. "You'll come with me tomorrow then and I won't take no for an answer. Now I just need to text them and let them know that you're coming."

"That's fine but I'll only stay a little bit unless I can record a live for my viewers and bring Rex." You told her.

"Rex is fine but that's not fair on the recording part."

"Make it fair...please...for me." You pleaded. Sure, Rex helped but at times he wasn't enough or other times you needed an extra piece to ground you.

"You're doing this just for the views aren't you." Alexa said not understanding your double meaning.

"Not really." You told her. "I could care less who sees what I have to film but you know that behind the camera is where I feel safest and I don't think Rex will be enough tomorrow."

"You have me too, you won't have to worry about anything. Nor will you have to act shy around them with me around." Alexa said and you loved that you could rely on her like that but sometimes she didn't know how to handle you.

You smiled softly, shaking your head. "I know I have you there if I need you but it's the same way with Rex, I can't always control how I feel. That camera helps me forget about those feelings even when I'm not in control. Please, Alexa, the camera keeps me grounded...you know it has since..."

She sighed. "I know bestie, I know. You don't need to keep bringing it up when it still hurts you to talk about."

You smiled sadly reaching over for Rex. "I know, the problem being is you know I tend to forget who knows the little fact about me or not, but that camera is my safe haven...it always will be."

"I'll talk to them, okay?"

"Thank you." You reached over to wrap your arms around her in a hug. "If it makes things better, I won't make it into a live nor will I post it anywhere. Just let me record."

"Don't worry, I'll ask."

You sighed softly. "Thank you."

Alexa pulled away standing from the bed. "Well I've gotta get going, are you gonna be okay?"