Chapter 28

"You will do good in this world." Creator said, patting a young Mercer's head.

"I don't think this world would be accepting of something like me, Creator." Mercer looks down, holding his Creator's hands.

"What makes you say that? Acceptance is given regardless, no matter what race." Creator explained.

Mercer lashes out, throwing his Creator's hands away, "That's all you say, Creator. Acceptance."

"This world clearly doesn't like me! What I need to do is to force them or kill those who still don't." Mercer shouted, stepping away.

"I want you to come forth and live peacefully as my children. What's so hard about that? I want you to become the herald." Creator reasoned.

"The one who will bring peace so your future brothers and sisters could live without fear." Creator continued, stepping closer to him.

"We have the power. Why should we prostrate on the ground for those beneath us!" Mercer argued, shifting his hands into blades.

"From my experience, those who flaunt their power get targeted by something or someone more powerful." Creator stated. Mercer growls.

"Maybe you weren't just strong enough." Mercer shouted before walking out of the room.

▲▼▲▼▲

Mercer watches bitterly as his Creator gifts his sister Cateline her Virus, her allies, her kind.

Cateline is a charismatic young girl who has dreams. Dreams to live with humans, to enjoy the pleasures of life.

And she was so close to it.

The day has finally arrived. The first Kingdom to ever accept the alliance of the Viruses.

Cateline has done it. All she needs to do is shake the King's hand in front of the citizens.

Mercer couldn't be proven wrong. This alliance isn't honorable, and they were the powerful ones. Why should they lower their heads for something as measely as humans?

"This alliance is something, huh?" He asked one of the guards outside, watching the Viruses.

"Yeah, it's kind of weird." The guard answered.

Mercer looks and sees the two other guards looking away. He takes this chance and stabs the guard, consuming every fiber of his being.

"It's almost too easy." He smiled, shapeshifting into the guard.

He morphs his left hand to his signature claws and wounds himself, leaving a bleeding gash on his thigh.

He limps back to the other guards, "The Viruses! They attacked! Alarm the King." He shouted. The two guards look at him in fear, grabbing him.

They support him as the three runs inside the walls with the others. The guards close the gates.

"What happened, son?" The knight captain asked.

"I see one of the things start moving, so I went to check." He answered.

"I didn't know what happened. All I felt was a searing pain as one of the creature's claws scratched my thigh." He continued.

Mercer takes deep breaths and grits his teeth, acting as if he's wounded.

"Stay with me, son." The knight captain said. He turns around, "Alert the King! Stop this madness of an alliance." He ordered.