Chapter 20

"Did you see that!? That looked like another strand of Virus! Another species, perhaps?" Elena said with starry eyes, looking back at the scene and to you.

"Are you sure those aren't just monsters?" (Y/N) asked. Trying to push her away from pursuing his kind.

The guards arrived and told the people to get inside their homes immediately. You can see the fear in their eyes, but they acted bravely for the people.

"Are monsters just getting bolder?" A guard asked.

"Back then, no monster even dared to come near the walls, now there have been lots of attacks." Another guard agreed, looking up.

The two went inside after eavesdropping on the Guard's conversation. He was a bit confused that Elena didn't even question why the targets were those who bullied her earlier.

"Well... I don't think they are, but let's get our hopes up! What if they really were a new species of Virus?" Elena said, sitting on the couch.

"But don't fret, (F/N). I actually have many leads. Here." She said, giving (Y/N) a notebook.

He flipped it open and started to read. This girl has a ton of leads on Viruses... most of them are unbelievable. But one stood out the most.

"Hey Elena, what about this one?" (Y/N) asked, pointing at the entry on the book.

"That's the Cemetery Incident. It happened recently but was foiled by an adventurer." Elena elaborated. Clenching her fists in... anger?

"The Guild said that it was common necromancy, but I saw some of their employees carry these weird green vials." Elena pondered. (Y/N)'s mind spiraled.

"The green flu?" He asked.

"I think so... but I don't think the perpetrator used it. If they did, I don't think the adventurer could've dealt with the zombies easier." She mused. (Y/N) let her speak, having not much evidence to start making assumptions himself.

"Where do you think those green vials are now?" (Y/N) asked. This green vial must be in his hands immediately for the safety of his race and for empowering his ever-growing army.

"The Guild has it, but I remember hearing about them sending it out to Re-Estize for further analysis." Elena answered. She clenched her fists once again, (Y/N) was slowly taking notice.

"Well, it's been fun, Elena. But I have to go now. Good luck in your studies!" (Y/N) faked, changing into a nervous tone as if he knew something he shouldn't.

Elena just smiled at him and waved goodbye. The Scientist turned around with a sly smirk.

Just as he expected, after taking one step out the door, he felt a sharp pain from his back that crawled out to his stomach. He stared down with a smile. Sharp claws protruded from his body.

"It's bad enough that stupid necromancer shrugged my Virus aside, and the Guild acquired it. Now we have little heroes like you snooping." Elena hissed before laughing maniacally.

Elena's smile quickly disappeared as (Y/N) chuckled. Unable to turn his body to properly talk to Elena, he turned his head one hundred eighty degrees and smiled at her.

"Inferior!" (Y/N) laughed. Elena's eyes widened, seeing the man laugh at something most would be screaming in pain at.

An arm mutated from (Y/N)'s back and copied Alcina Dimitrescu's signature claws. They were longer and more refined than Elena's crude weapons.