14| Road Of Recovery

Comenzar desde el principio

He packed up all the clothes they would need with Lana's help and moved into the Treatment center in the first week of August.

WEEK ONE OF THERAPIE

Since the kids didn't realize that the clinic wasn't a big holiday resort, they were quite open and spoiled about staying there. Of course therapy for children looked way different than the one for adults, so the boys considered their solo treatments as fun activities to do. Especially in the first week, since the doctor was trying to get to know them and their deep inner fears. They soon recognized that Leo wasn't traumatized by the loss of his mother. He was showing normal signs of loss but didn't develop any trauma. Leo spoke openly about Tanya and his memories of her, which of course made him sad but he knew how to handle it. He kept on telling the therapist that she will always be his mother and that he will love her till the moon and back even if he cannot see her anymore. It was impressive to see how different children react to grief and loss, even for the doctors who treated a huge variety of kids. They continued to talk to Leo in combination with a lot of toddler activities that should help him understand the meaning of death and his feelings.

Since Sean was already in therapy before this one, his files had a lot of records about his progress from the last few weeks. What he really needed was to learn how to approach the topic as a family and how to be there for his children and how to talk to them about it.

Lana did go with them for the first two days since the therapist wanted to see Flynn's reaction when she tried to leave and as well talked to her about his behavior over the last weeks since she was most of the time with them.

When Lana actually went back home it broke her heart because Flynn was screaming all over the place, trying to get back to her. She did promise that she would come back on the weekend at visiting hours, but that didn't comfort him at all. In the end, the doctor just sent her away and dealt with him.

WEEK TWO OF THERAPY

"Hey Sean.", Lana grinned when she answered her phone. "How is it going?", She asked whilst eating some of the lunch she just prepared for herself. It had been eight days without seeing them, but Lana had been extremely busy, which meant that there wasn't much time to think about Sean and the boys. Because of that, she was more than happy to visit them on the weekend in two days.

"Sean?", a toddler's voice answered giggling. "I am Leo! My daddy is Sean.", the boy laughed and made Lana chuckle. She couldn't get enough of the sound of his little cutie pie.

"I didn't know.", Lana smirked and automatically couldn't help but smile as bright as the sun. She just realized now how much she missed those kids daily. The feeling of having a family just felt real with them around even if it isn't easy to balance her life-work balance sometimes.

"But papa is sitting next to me and is listening.", Leo giggled. "I wanted to talk to you because I miss you and I need to ask you some questions about the homework I got, because the lady gave me a paper to fill out about daddy and mommy and then I said that I need another one for my auntie Lana.", he explained with a grinning face.

"Aww. That's so sweet of you, Leo. I miss you all too. Very much. And I will come and visit in a couple of days like I promised Flynn the other day.", Lana said smiling.

At that moment her friend Trish came back from a walk with some groceries, which she put on the kitchen counter. She heard Lana talking in a sweet voice that sounded full of love and joy. A voice she actually had missed hearing since she broke up with Fred. Lana only had one guy after her former husband but she wasn't even sure if Lana really had fallen for him or if her head wanted to fall for him. She was just lonely at that time and needed someone to fill that gap in her heart even though she would never ever admit that to anyone, maybe not even herself. So when Lanas laugh filled the house it filled Trish's heart as well at the same time. Curious about who her friend was actually talking to, she sneaked into the living room, seeing Lana holding her phone to her ear.