16.

School without Eternity was worse than I had imagined. At the time, I had so much run through me at the time, I could barely think about what I said, so much, I can barely even remember. I really thought i'd be fine alone, but it's suffocating, to say the least. But it's a new school, right? Nobody knows what happened, I'm basically just like everyone else. Wrong. Apparently, by the way, I was shy, unable to look people in the eye, and turn pink whenever I was called on, just indirectly told everyone shit had gone down at the previous school. Just them knowing this made them want to stay away from me. It was stupid, but students here knew each other well since they all when to middle school together. To them, people they didn't know almost their whole lives were basically viewed as ratty peasants to rulers of kingdoms.

Obviously, when I had just started, this made me upset, but Eternity was there to tell me it didn't matter if they liked me or not, because 'they're all a bunch of self-centered ass-hats that had sticks way too far up their ass'' I remember that day like it just yesterday. Her crude language I disapproved of before hit me real hard, enough for me to stop caring what they thought, anyway, they didn't really know me. All those happy memories, gone to dust because of 1 incident. It was a shitty move, and almost all friend groups could agree that they'd instantly stop being friends if a friend were to get with their crush or boyfriend, but Eternity and I's relationship was more than friendship, it was as strong as a sibling's bond. Losing her was as bad as losing half of me.

Maybe it was the sun, and the way Eternity always mentioned how nice days like this were. Sun shining obnoxiously bright in the sky, clouds shaped into funny-looking things, and the students bustling out and about. It had me thinking about her. I was alone, much like I normally was these days, laying down on the weirdly comfortable grass when I heard a body shuffling next to me. It was Aether. Sighing lightly, he rested with his arms behind his head, using his hands like pillows. He closed his eyes and relaxed, letting all the tension from his muscles go.
"And why aren't you running around like usual?" I smirk towards him, rolling over so i'm facing him on my side. His eyes were still closed, and seeing him in this light was like falling in love all over again. The rays made him glow in the most mouthwatering way. He wasn't even touching me and I was still blushing.
He twisted his head towards me and moved one hand down to grab mine.
"I can take a break to spend some quality time with my lovely boyfriend, can I not?" I tipped back my head and laughed, Aether winking at me slyly with a flirty smirk.
He gave my hand a squeeze and I lifted my head up to check around us, just incase any would see. Fortunately, the nearest person was a long way away, thanks to the fact I took the spot farthest from the class. I flopped back next to Aether and we talked like normal, while holding hands and me occasionally sweeping the annoying strands of hair away from his face. I reacted my hand one more time to move a strand of hair, staring intensely at Aether's lips, which to my luck, he noticed and grinned, pressing his fluttery feeling lips on mine. I rose slightly, leaning over Aether's body and into the kiss, lips moving slowly but in a strong and assured way, silently communicating we where no longer insecure about us. Things were great, with me throwing a flirty comment towards Aether only to make one back and me flash all different shades of red. Then, after recovering from laugh my ass off at some stupid shit, Aether tells me,
"So before, somebody asked me for you. I think they wanna talk to you." He picks at his nails, leaning closer to me, so our foreheads were a fraction of an inch away from each other. Sighing heavily, I push back my hair and roll my eyes.
"That's bullshit. What do they need me for, other then doing work for them?" Other students had caught on the fact I was smarter then they could ever be, so they started leeching off me, being oh so nice only to pretend I had died or something after getting what they wanted.
It only worked twice, that being how long it took me to realise and ignore their fake smiles and friendly gestures. These memories frustrate me more they when I was being used, now I can see how stupidly gullible I was. A head shuffling it's way into my neck pulled me from my thoughts as Aether wriggled his way into the crook of my neck like he owned it. He seems to like my neck a lot, I thought as I patted snd rubbed his back, while he blabbed about me not going to meet her.
"Geez, relaxed, she's not going to attack me, what was her name?"
I ask softly. He huffed like an angry puppy and replied,
"Something like, Jane, Janna..."
I had to rake my brain for names, but I did recall a faint memory of Eternity mentioning a name. I wasn't too sure, but it was worth a shot.
"Was it maybe... Gwen?"
"Yup, that was her. I don't even know who she is." Patting Aether's head, I suggested he came with me. He squinted at me suspiciously, then raised his eyebrows and shrugged.
"Worth a shot. Fuck her if she needs just you." I gave him a firm flick on the forehead, erupting a yelp from Aether.

Sneaking into the library 10 minutes after classes had ended, Aether and I scanned the room like undercover agents for Gwen. Since everyone hates school just as much as the person next to them, everyone collectively makes an effort to clear out as soon as the bell rings for the end of class. In 5 minutes, only a few students linger, and by 10, it's completely deserted. Aether grand my face and before I can protest, he twist it to the direction of the person who requested our presence, mostly my presence though. We shuffle over to the farthest book shelve in the wide room and sit in front of Gwen, who looked up from her booked and sheepishly place down her book. she clears her throat at awkwardly chuckled,
"My, I didn't even realise you were here, I was just doing some light reading-"
"You call the latin dictionary light reading?" I deadpan. I was getting annoyed at her attempt of casual conversation. I hear Aether on my left stifle a wheeze.
"Oh uh, my hand slipped...?"
"Just get to the point. What do you want from us?"
"Right well... So uh, you know that place where you... you know, did that thing and you-"
Slamming my hands on the table and standing up, I ball my hands into fist and seethe,
"I swear to fucking god if you say you know one more time i'm gonna shove that dictionary right up your-"
"I saw you two kiss yesterday! At the café!" She screeched. I paused in shock. I did not expect that. Checking our surroundings, I slowly sit back down, eyes trained on Gwen. She was odd, to say the least. Nobody really cared about her, as her weird girl phase stretched a lot longer then other girls, by the time she got out of that phase, she had no friends left, and everyone still thought she was weird, so making friends was a not go for her. Though, I had to admit, her scene style looked great, others labeled as "highlighter emo".
I breathed in calmly, exhaling and glaring at Gwen. All was silent, Aether broke that silence by asking what I was thinking too,
"How did you see us? We were sure nobody was around... unless you're a stalker?"
"God no!" She yelled in protest, "I get slushies almost everyday at the gas station near that café. I guess I was too far from your line of sight." She casually said, while picking ear wax out of her ears. I grimaced and looked away, deciding on what to say next.
"If it wasn't already obvious, you were not supposed to see that, and nobody really was. How do we know you won't tell anyone?"
She just laughed at that, Aether and I shared a look thinking, is she stupid?
"I don't know if y'all know, but you guys aren't the only ones with secret relationships."
"Oh really, how do we know if what you're saying is true?" Gwen stared at us, thinking up a plan. When she did, she clicked her fingers and leaned closer.
"Tell ya what, i'll invited you to have lunch with me and my girlfriend. If it isn't obvious, our relationship too, is a secret, so don't go blabbing about."
I rolled my eyes for the millionth time today. Not like this lunch was going to be a big deal. We exchanged a meeting place, and together, me and Aether met up with Gwen and her girlfriend at the back of the school.

Just seeing those piercing green orbs, I stopped dead in my tracks. Looking up fully, I see Gwen waving enthusiastically, perched next to Eternity, who was sipping her coffee, eyes already on me.