"But this..." Draco said, fingers tangling in the strings of fairy-lights that covered the living room furniture "we never did any of this."

"You didn't decorate at all?"

"Well, we had a tree. A big traditional one" he emphasised with an air of pompousness. "And stuff like holly, mistletoe..." Harry's eyes flicked back to Draco at this last word. He felt a sudden heat in his face as an image came into his mind. An image he had never thought of before.

"They have mistletoe here, too" Harry fumbled stupidly. Draco looked at him then, the familiar raised brow forming questioningly. "I just, you know, to make you feel at home."

"And the tree, then." Draco said

"What?"

"I mentioned a tree too, there's a tree there." He said, pointing at the tree crowded in colourful baubles. Harry opened and closed his mouth, trying to think of a retort, but settled in an awkward silence. Harry watched Draco lean forward, fiddling with his hands.

"Do you want to show me?" Draco said weakly.

"Show you-"

"The mistletoe, you know, to make me feel at home." Harry swallowed hard. Images flashed into his head of Draco and him standing beneath the white berries, Harry leaning up towards the blonde boy. Before Harry knew what he was doing, he had pushed his hand round the back of Draco's neck, fingers tangled in his gorgeous hair, and had pressed his lips onto Draco's. Draco took hold of Harry's wrist, eyes wide as his lips parted in surprise. Harry almost melted when he felt Draco kiss back, softly then fully.

Harry reluctantly broke away as Draco whispered his name softly against his lips. A shiver went up Harry's body as he felt a desire he had never felt for another person before. Draco's face was flushed pink over his cheeks and nose. His blonde hair was sticking up at the nape of his neck where Harry had been. The sight next to the cosy green Christmas jumper made his heart skip.

Their eyes met, those blue eyes that had so often followed him around school. If only he had known he could have been kissing that face the whole time. Harry pointed a finger up to the ceiling. Draco looked up to see the bunches of mistletoe dangling from the beam. Draco huffed and smiled at Harry in understanding, and that was the moment Harry fell ridiculously in love.

____________

Harry was sprawled on the sofa, head dizzy from the Christmas Firewhisky. He had a giddy smile on his face as he remembered the night, the party, Draco. Subtle legs brushing against each other at the dinner table, eyes meeting, fingers grazing against each other's during the games. He sighed as his body failed to fall asleep, head swimming, the mistletoe they had kissed under earlier hanging tauntingly above him. He looked up towards the staircase and made a decision. He tiptoed up the stairs and knocked on Draco's door. He could see no light underneath. Maybe Draco had gone to sleep already. Maybe this was a terrible idea. He turned away before the door creaked open slightly. When Draco saw him, he opened the door and pulled him inside, a grin on his face.

"Sorry, it's messy." Draco said as he kicked his trunk and belongings noisily across the floor. He seemed a little tipsy from the party, too.

"Shh!" Harry said, a laugh spilling from his lips.

"Couldn't sleep?"

Harry shook his head. "No. Have you ever been drunk in the Weasley's house? It's wild. Everything is spinning which is worse because everything was spinning before I was even drunk."

Draco smiled at him and Harry had to use all of his power not to kiss him there and then. Draco went back to his bed and flopped down.

"Did I wake you?" Harry asked.