twenty - five

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

As requested by Miu, Kokichi had no trouble wandering around the school and collecting the students. He gathered them all one by one, sending them to the computer room and then leaving to fetch the next.

And of course, he left the best 'til last.

He felt the pit of doom form in his stomach as he made his way to Shuichi's dorm. After what he'd said- he wasn't looking forward to facing him again.

But this wasn't time to argue, it wasn't time for cold shoulders or silent treatments. There was about to be a killing, and Kokichi knew it. Just for now, just for the time being, he had to keep everything orderly.

Knock knock.

Kokichi waited. He stepped back from the door and waited. He waited, until he saw the door handle slowly twist.

The door creaked open slowly, and Shuichi appeared in view. Kokichi's heart sank immediately at the sight of him. He looked hollow. And Kokichi knew why. God, he felt awful. It was his fault that Shuichi looked so empty.

"Kokichi?" He mumbled, almost in a whisper.
"Hey, Shuichi."
"What do you want?" Shuichi asked, his voice deadpan and monotonous.

"I- um- well, Miu wants us all to meet in the computer room." Kokichi shrugged.
"Oh. Okay." Shuichi opened the door wider, and stepped out. He did it without hesitation or questioning, presumably to avoid any sort of conversation with Kokichi.
"Hey- just wait a minute." Shuichi was walking past the shorter, but Kokichi quickly grabbed his sleeve. Shuichi stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around.

"I'm-" Kokichi sighed, "I'm sorry."
"Huh?"
"I'm sorry about what I said. Let's just forget it happened, okay?" He smiled.

Shuichi stared blankly at him for a few long seconds. Kokichi was... apologising? Kokichi never apologised. And he was apologising for what he said earlier on in the day. 'You don't fall in love.' 'Relationships aren't important.' 'You don't love me.' Were those words something that could be forgiven by a single apology? Was an apology even needed? Kokichi had just expressed his emotions. So why was he apologising?

Was he... lying? Did he- really think that relationships weren't important, or was that a lie too?

"Oh. Okay. That's fine." Shuichi nodded.
"I mean it, Shumai. I'm sorry."

Shuichi looked down at him for a few more moments. His expression seemed to be genuine, softened and regretful. Kokichi really did look sorry. Shuichi chewed the inside of his cheek, and quickly pulled Kokichi into a warm embrace.

"Thank you." Shuichi whispered, just loud enough for Kokichi to hear.

Kokichi hid his rapidly warming face against Shuichi's jacket.

'Jeez Shuichi. Why do you have to be so loving?'

——— ☆ • ♧ • :🃏: • ♧ • ☆ ———

The students raised the headsets and put them on their heads, immersing themselves in the new virtual game. The screen shot white in front of them, and they felt their limbs grow lighter at the feeling.