four

╔═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╗
𝗯𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴
╚═════ஓ๑♥๑ஓ═════╝

Shuichi had left the library riddled with confused guilt. He didn't know what he had done for Kokichi to walk off like that... but he knew he had to move on, for now.

After a short while, he'd gone back to the dining room, where Kaede was ready to explain the plan she and a few others had come together with.

Kokichi didn't make eye contact with him, nor even so much as acknowledge he was there. He instead watched the bubbles fizzle in his glass of panta with his chin on his forearms and half heartedly listened to Kaede's speech.

Shuichi watched him from the side, but picked at his nails under the table. He didn't want Kokichi to be upset with him, however he may.

Of course, Monokuma just had to pop up and add a motive; a time limit faced with a mass execution if the students didn't comply.

After a short deliberation, the students agreed to continue with their original plan of not murdering anyone. They parted ways, hopeful for the future. Perhaps they would be let out after all, a mass murder of sixteen students would be too ludicrous. Although, the entire situation was ludicrous. Especially the talking bear.

Shuichi had a lot of time on his hands. Usually, he would be at home watching documentaries, scouring the internet for interesting cases he could have a go at, reading mystery books with a cup of coffee in hand. Now, he couldn't carry out his usual routine, and despite the stress that came with now knowing what was coming next, Shuichi knew he had to work with it the best he could.

He had options. Investigate the surrounding areas for the tenth time, attempt an escape- although Shuichi didn't really consider escaping, he knew it would be a ridiculous idea that would only end in failure- or he could get to know his new 'classmates' a little better.

And so, that's exactly what he did. He decided; who better to spend the day with than his friend Kaede?

——— ☆ • ♧ • :🃏: • ♧ • ☆ ———

The two stared at the hidden door in complete awe. It was hidden inside a bookcase, such a cliché place to hide a hidden entryway.

"This is- wow. I did not expect to find this..." Kaede muttered.
Shuichi didn't respond.

"How do we know if it's in use? Y'know, like, if the mastermind behind this whole thing uses it?" Kaede asked, looking at Shuichi expectantly.

Shuichi looked around him, and noticed his dusty the shelves were. Ah, his detective skills were kicking in. He silently wiped his finger across the shelf and moved towards the door, placing a little bit of the dust on the card reader that presumably unlocked the door.

"What are you doing?" Kaede asked, leaning forward with her hands clasped behind her back.
"If anyone swipes a card, the dust will be gone. This way, we will know if anyone enters through this door. And it also means... it has to be one of us. I haven't noticed anyone sneaking around." Shuichi murmured, stepping back and closing the bookcase.

"Oh- wow! Shuichi, you're a genius!" Kaede exclaimed.
"Oh, it's nothing." Shuichi scratched the back of his neck with an awkward smile.
"I'm so glad I have a detective as a friend. The Ultimate Detective and the Ultimate Pianist: the unlikely duo." Kaede giggled, explaining their titles as if it was a movie name. Shuichi laughed in return.