About ten minutes later she had made it to Von's house. She grabbed her phone from the passengers seat before calling him.

"You outside?"

"Yes, can you bring me a water bottle please?" She asked as she rubbed her eye.

"Ight' folks here I come." He spoke before he hung up.

She scrolled on TikTok for about five minutes before she heard a knock on her window making her jump slightly. She turned her head to sigh Von laughing making her roll her eyes as she unlocked the doors.

"You scary as hell foe." He laughed as he got in the car. "Here lil folks."

She grabbed the cold Fiji water bottle and opened it taking a sip. "Thank you."

"What time you supposed to be at yo' lil' appointment?"

"At ten." She spoke looking back at Amaru.

"Ight' me and twin finna get outta' here." He spoke softly grabbing Amaru from the backseat. Once he was secured in Von's arm, Amaru nuzzled his face into Von's neck dozing back off. "You'a think foe nem work'a nine-five the way he sleep."

"Don't play with my baby." She laughed softly rubbing Amaru's face. "He was watching tv all night."

"Ight Peace." He spoke opening the car door. "Don't get your head did and start thinkin' you grown. I'll beat yo' ass."

"Mmcht, bye Von." She smacked her lips before laughing as he exited the car.

"Call me when you done." He spoke softly, watching as she nodded before he closed the door.

Peace waited until they walked in the house before she pulled off. She had texted Eboni that she was on her way before she began to play music.

About fifteen minutes later Peace had finally arrived at Eboni's house. She could see her car already started in the driveway as she pulled her car up. She exited from her car after grabbing all of her things. She then entered Eboni's car before hitting the lock button on her car twice.

"Took yo' ass long enough." She laughed.

"Traffic." Peace laughed partially telling the truth.

"You mean, Vonnnn." Eboni teased as she backed out of the driveway. "I can't believe you're about to be eighteen."

"Me either. I'm so happy that now I can finally try to get custody of Amaru. I've been trying for like two years." She spoke lowly as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Everything's gonna fall into place P." Eboni spoke caressing her cheek. "I'm gon' make sure you have the biggest smile on your birthday P. Me and a friend of mine."

"Thank you." She uttered quietly. She knew she wouldn't be able to talk Eboni into not getting her anything so she just decided to go against it.

About thirty minutes later they had finally arrived at the shop. The shop was owned by Eboni's long time friend, Kendra. Ever since Eboni had met Peace she had been telling Kendra about her. She was so excited that her favorite people would be finally meeting.

"You ready Peace?" Eboni asked tapping the drowsy girl. "You talkin' about Ru staying up all night, what time did you go to sleep?"

Peace just laughed sleepily before yawning as they exited the car. They entered the shop and Peace stared in awe.

"This shop is gorgeous." Peace praised as she looked around.

"Thank you." An unfamiliar voice spoke. "Eboni helped me design it."

"Peace this is my best friend Kendra,Kendra this is my baby Peace." Eboni spoke introducing the two.

"Hello it's nice to meet you." They spoke in unison before laughing.

"YO' HAIR LOOK pretty Peanut what you tweakin' about?" Dayvon asked as the two sat on FaceTime as she was driving to his house.

"No, it's nothing wrong with it. I just wish I would've got it styled. Like a half up half down or something." She shrugged as she stopped at the red light.

"It look good that way it is lil folks." He spoke softly making her blush a little. "How far you is away gang?"

"About five minutes." She spoke lowly as she turned. "Did he give you any trouble?"

"Naw' foe nem was chillin'." He laughed. "He played all day. His ass slumped."

"Come outside Von." Peace spoke as she pulled up in front of his house. He nodded his head before hanging up the phone. About two minutes late Von was walking to the car with a sleeping Amaru. Peace unlocked the doors letting Von place Amaru in the back, strapping him in before closing the door and climbing into the passenger seat.

"You look so pretty Peanut." Von mumbled lowly as he looked towards her with his low, red eyes.

"Thank you." She smiled softly as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I told you to stop calling me that."

The nickname Von had came up with was actually from him talking about her. One day they were playfully arguing and he told her 'I quit with yo' peanut head ass' ever since then the name had stuck.

"Don't give a fuck." He spoke lowly.

"You sleepy?"

"Hell yeah. Me and foe nem was at the studio and shit, then we went to SkyZone." He shrugged.

"Go in the house Von. I'll call you in the morning." Peace spoke looking at him through her eyelashes.

"Ima' see you toma' P?" He questioned making her nod.

"I work a half a day tomorrow." She spoke lowly.

"Give me a hug, I'm finna go." He spoke looking around as he clutched the gun on his waist.

Peace extended her arms out pulling Von into a hug. She closed her eyes inhaling his cologne. She felt safe in his arms. It's felt like nothing else mattered, like everything just stopped.

"See you tomorrow Von." Peace spoke softly as she looked at him.

"See you toma' Peanut." He spoke after kissing her cheek and exiting the car.

( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

HEY YALL🥰.

THANK YALL FOR 536 READS🥰💕. i appreciate y'all.

anyways i like this chapterrrrrr. what about yalllll????

keep or deleteeee?

ima need y'all to start commenting cause period🙄😂😂.

anyways see y'all next timeeeee.