"Wilbur you have to accept it. There are people like us and people not like us. It's a challenge. A never-ending game of chess. You won't win but this game you see, this game you are the pawn. We are pawns, not the player," Michael called out. I looked toward the walls. They were either too close to be seen or too far away. I can see the snow. It's the fucking snow! It's always snowing! It's red. The wave is red. I can't breathe. It's over top of me. I'm gonna drown and I-

"Hey, Mikey! Guess what!? Mike, I made a friend! His name is Lucifer. He's an angel! He's so pretty!" A little boy gushed. Mike smiled and ruffled my hair.

"I'm glad Willy. Let's go home and we can talk all about your day," The teen said.

"Michael!" I choked. I stood up once more. I run and  I crashed into someone. A familiar scent of whiskey and gunpowder. I closed my eyes tight and held on. The waters of red crash into my shield. I can breathe but the water is cold. It's freezing as it gathers at our feet.

"Tell me about that friend of yours," Michael whispered. His hand was in my hair. I heard the sound of a wounded animal. It's a whimper, a sob. I was pulling back when the hug tightened. "Would you like to talk about what's going on? Or perhaps listen to me talk," he offered. I nod. Not sure anymore about what. I open my eyes and glanced at the wall. The glass intake and very much there. He lets go and I shakily moved to the glass. A queen slammed into the wall in my fit. I picked it up and touched the scuff. chess piece.

"I promised him royalty. But I've only ruined his fairytale," I said. My voice was hoarse, and my throat ached.

"I wouldn't say we are knights. But a rogue can get a sense of security eventually," Michael said. I grabbed the piece tighter. The metal pierces my skin bleeding. I looked at my other hand, it's soaked in crimson and smelled of copper. No matter how much I wiped my hands in my trousers, they wouldn't be clean.

I'll never be clean!

"I'll never be clean," I whispered.

"No Wilbur. We won't be clean. Cleaners are hardly the cleanest people from memories,"

"I'll never be clean?"

"No, my dear. Cleanliness is a heavenly word. We both know we don't deserve it," Michael said with a sad smile. I can't help but smile back.

"He doesn't feel clean because I'm dirty," I said. It clicked a light in my head.

"Will I don't think that's-"

"Maybe I need sleep," I whispered and clutched my pounding head.

"Yes. That's enough for today," Michael said. He offered his arm and today I just couldn't move anymore. Michael was able to throw me over his shoulder and take my limp body inside his house.

Jaime Dean
I broke into their house. I know it sounds bad but... Greg's dumbass got railed to the next millennia. I slipped into the window and fell immediately.

"Oof!" I groan falling onto a toy chest. It's a room upstairs. Hidden away from all the dust. I stood up and brushed the dust off my clothes.

"What is this?" I mumbled. Sure I knew they were weird but not kidnapping children kind of weird. I picked up a rabbit. It's old and has patches of matte fur. On the little tag, I see the scribbled name of Aries Castrel.

"Weirdos and their secrets," I whispered. I looked over the tarps, so many items were covered. I removed one and it's a crib? What the fuck is going on? I touched the small bookcase. It's filled with books about pirates, fairies, and detective books. Specifically for children. I grabbed the nearest book. Sherlock Holmes and the Hound Of Baskerville. I opened it and saw the written note on the inside of the cover.

Hello sweet Aries,

I'm sorry to give you up. He promised a better life for you. I don't touch that woman but I trust your father. In due time all will be revealed, now keep dreaming of fairies. Search for the clues, my little detective. You'll find the treasure soon my captain.

From who? The name was too faded and the ink smudged. It was definitely written in a hurry.

I closed the book. It's clear someone didn't get the memo. Unless-?

"They're kidnapping people?" I gasped. Wait a damn second no 'cause why release us after if that were true? I put the book back in place and looked at the bunny once more.

"My little bunny. Such an innocent boy," the purring voice in my head when I accidentally walked too close to the kitchen. I swore I'd never forget. No one wants to see their family fucking people. Being fucked would be more accurate in Gav's place.

He's Aries? But Will is his name? What's with all my friends having mommy issues? I need better friends. I placed the worn-out toy in my pocket. I just couldn't picture the psycho in this room acting overly human. Not panicking and hugging the rabbit as a kid or reading the endless books of adventure as he dressed up in a pirate customer.

The crib wasn't very well used, with hardly any markings that showed wear. I found a shoebox in the pile of baby clothes and toys swords and toy guns. I removed some dust and found baby pictures and a small locket. I touched the golden item and opened it seeing a man and woman. The woman was blond and had blue eyes while the man had dark hair, a stone expression and green eyes. Freckles on the man and scars on the woman. There are boxes of files from a shoot-out near Paris to some car crash in Boston. I looked at newspaper clippings. Lenny would love a mystery and Greg would like to know about his boyfriend(s?). Thinking now, was Belle okay with Greg dating older guys? I mean they're about a year or two older. But that's a difference, especially in the murdering type. I heard footsteps and talking so panicking I grabbed the stuff and covered everything before placing it on the roof. I got out the window and closed it. I hid the items when I heard who it was.

"I'm not sure about this Jaybird. This seems private," it's an older man.

"They said we can look around but let Will know before taking anything. Plus if you were doing this with Sebastian you'd be fine with it," the teacher from before said. I heard a punch and yelp. I grabbed the items and with the wrong footing fell off the roof and hit a tree and immediately landed in a bush.

"Fuck you nature," I cursed under my breath. Bruises and possible fractures. I looked at my ankle. That's definitely not supposed to look like that. I paged Greg.

JD
Can you walk or is your ass still fucked up?
2.34a.m

Stick in his ass
Uh possible, what do you need?
2.34 a.m

JD
I think I broke my ankle but! But hear me out. I found out some good shit. Not weed but it's good. I fell out the window for you
2.35 a.m

Stick in his ass
... Which window?
2.35a.m

JD
Do you know the one near Lenny's room? A window before that
2.35 a.m

I put the pager away. A miracle the stupid thing didn't break. I stayed, impatient as I picked leaves and branches from my hair. I looked at my nails, bitten and chipped polish. I heard a snap of a twig. Greg's dumbass was there with an amused look.

"Fell for McLennan?"

"If you mean literally? Then yes. But my effort was not in vain. I found this. Let's go to Mickey's?" I offered.

"I'll let Lucifer know. Mikasa said Amber was picking her up. Oh, there's a lot of company so I'll come back out with you," Greg said. I saw him limp. I burst out laughing.

"Fuck you, Jaime," Greg hissed but didn't turn around.

"No, but tell that to Will," I cackled and choked on a leaf. Greg laughed and walked away. I dug the bunny out of my pocket. One more to look at the bunny.

"Aries Castrel?"