34. Raisin Of Flowers

Start from the beginning

"Did you smell it?" Tyler nodded to Alyx.

He shook his head and watched me drink from my water bottle as a sudden wave of nausea hit me just thinking about the guy's dead body. "I'm not sure why I was able to smell it and y'all weren't. Maybe me being a hybrid makes me more susceptible to my surroundings. A vampire has heightened senses while a witch is in touch with nature."

"The best of both world's," Sebastian icy blue eyes looked my way before the others. "Should we test how much stronger she is?"

"Meaning?" Alyx narrowed his eyes on him, sounding very protective.

"I have a backyard full of trees that I'm itching to get rid of. Let's see if you can move one of them then we'll move onto many other things."

*

*

*

I gulped nervously as I stared up at the tree in front of me. Not because I was afraid of uprooting it, just actually seeing that I could be capable of doing something like this is crazy! This was no average tree! Just like the many surrounding trees, the ones in their backyard that could easily fit 3 football fields had a couple 15 to 20 ft trees residing peacefully. One wrong push could send them in any direction it seemed.

"My plans for the backyard isn't anything special, but what's a few less trees going to hurt?" Sebastian grinned down at me, him himself being a tree with his height of 6'5.

"It would do some good for my garden," Rein smiled towards the greenhouse and her neatly placed colorful flowers.

Alyx didn't look too pleased about Sebastian's plan. He was worried about me straining myself and I just assured him that I'd take it easy. Sebastian just wanted to test my strength not my well being, he knew of my condition which was a relief to my nerves about him possibly being hard on me.

"A vampire's strength," Piero began, his authoritative voice caught my attention. "Can vary depending on your life before the change such as diet, muscle mass and more. It can improve over the years of vampirism." I nodded, my hands shaking as he finished.

"What are y'all expecting to come of this?" Alyx grumbled, he stood by me like a security guard. It made me smile, he was so caring in his own way.

"Well, since she's half witch she still has blood in her veins." Placing a hand on his chest "We do not." Sebastian looked at the trees and said, "We can do a comparison. Her sense of smell is stronger by a few miles as we noticed previously so let's test her strength."

"Do I just shove the tree?" I asked.

His eyes landed on me before he, sarcastically, answered, "Try blowing it first."

I crossed my arms at him.

Veronica took her heels off and walked up to one of the trees. With a soft grunt and some arm strength, it took her about 40 seconds for the tree to be lying on the ground.

The bark was smooth up until her push led to the roots being visible. It splintered around the area where her hands were as the wood was forcibly moved out of place. The tree didn't have much leaves to it's branches so the fall was loud and clear to my ears.