30. Freedom To Love

Baze

***

It was around 8 pm when I decided to go running. I didn't want to be inside, I want to run free through the woods without the fear of being harmed by anything like the night I tumbled into Alyx's pack.

Julissa, Phoebe and Cole were guarding by Alyx's backyard when I came to them. They can't speak in their wolf forms, just looked at me. Julissa's large wolf galloped my way before rubbing her head against my back, lovingly.

My heart warmed and I stroked the soft fur on her head, giggling.

"I'll be back soon," I smiled at Cole. His light eyes looked me up and down before he huffed his way to the side to let me go. "I promise, I'm just going for a run."

Phoebe's brown wolf whined and nodded. Her actions reminding me of a horse and not a wolf.

After they allowed me to run, I removed my sandals and took off.

My rapid footsteps were normal in speed, my surroundings whisping by. It only took a few seconds before everything blurred past me as my footsteps quickened into a rapid speed no being should be capable of.

The ground was cool as I ran, the sticks, rocks or anything that could cut into my feet felt nonexistent the more I went on. The darkness of the woods had lightened a considerate amount to where I didn't have to squint and see. The movement of other animals, trees and bushes I dodged felt almost like an instinct, something my body naturally accustomed to.

As I ran, the sweet smell that I had become all too familiar with halted my steps when I made my way by the sign pointing to the hiking trail after a handful of miles.

People hike out here?

I frowned and began to slowly walk to the smell and noticed 2 guys walking with a huge flash light in hand. They were carrying bags of hiking gear and food in their lunch boxes. The smell telling me ham sandwiches and potato chips.

If I'm not mistaken, they are lost by the way the dark haired one is eyeing the map in his pale hands.

"Do you 2 need any help?" I smiled, coming from the darkness. The taller one with the chestnut colored hair flashed his light on me, causing me to shield my eyes from it's brightness.

"Hello," In the darkness I noticed the huge grin on his face and they both came closer to me.

"It's freezing out here, aren't you cold?" The one holding the map asked. I looked out of place in my knee length flowy gown while they are covered head to toe in warm clothes that shielded them from the icy winds of Alberta.

"Who cares," His friend with the light hissed. "She's hot."

I frowned and looked to the one that eyed me, skeptically. I would be suspicious if a random guy were to come out of the darkness in little to no clothing, no shoes asking if me and my friend are lost.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have," My hunger began to surface and I turned around to walk away.

"Hey, if you need a ride..." One of them started, "We can give you one. My name is Terrance." I could tell it was the one holding the map that looked at me funny that introduced himself. "This is Austin, we have a truck we can squeeze you in--"