My heart was racing as I didn't know what to make of the person I became with him. How I had just let my guard down to a stranger, a stranger I didn't seem to have any boundaries for unlike most of the guys I've encountered or dated.

You and Alyx aren't dating...

Remembering how hard it was for him to take in the fact that his dad was gone, how heartbroken and speechless he looked when he laid his head next to his dad's lifeless body. I wanted to kick myself for not comforting him in the moment just to end up in bed with him a few hours after...

Well, floor.

I felt a warm hand grab mine and looked up to see Allie. It shocked me that she was here, actually here with me and not somewhere, dead, in a grave I never knew about. She looked healthy and happy in a dark gray hoodie and black leggings with her long red hair up in a ponytail. Skin just as tan and warm, brown eyes filled with concern when they met mine.

We were alone in the kitchen, the emotional wall I had built up when I first saw her came crashing down and I threw myself into her taller frame for a hug.

No words were shared, she was hugging me just as tight as I was with her. I missed my sister and felt so much relief to know that I didn't lose her just like I've lost my parents. We had remained that way until the rolling of my stomach full blown turned into nausea and I struggled to hold myself up right in Allie's grasp.

"Baze?" She held me up by the shoulders when I started to slump closer to the tiled kitchen floors.

All my energy felt like it was sucked from me, my legs wobbling to the point that I'm pretty sure they would've given out under me if it wasn't for her.

"Baze?!" I felt her shake me, making me feel more sick.

Allie tried to hold me up right, but my body was seemingly shutting down on me. There was a fiery burning sensation in my stomach that matched the sandpaper feel of my throat despite me drinking plenty of water since the attack in the woods. Briana made things clear that I had no major injuries, the bruises along my ribs, shoulder and hip had faded significantly.

The way I began to feel now told me that there was a lot more to the bruising on my body...

***

Sebastian

***

"It's too packed for this crap," Veronica sneered, looking over the crowd angrily. I paid her no mind and waited for us to get checked into our hotel. We decided on this one as it was closest to the airport.

I wanted to avoid speaking for long periods of time as people could notice no heat expelling from our mouths like it did with theirs. Tyler, Nico and Christian had better luck in California to speak with Annaria and Michael.

"Cole just texted me," Piero pulled his phone out of his pocket. I told Cole that borderline stalking the Fores pack was unnecessary. After everything that happened, I trusted Alyxzander, but he kept insisting.

"The hunters arrived and they are practicing."

"Cole is creepy for wanting to just watch them," Vivian sighed.