He frowned, slowly grabbing the object with both of his hands. I gulped all the saliva I had left in my mouth when he opened it, his facial expression shifting from uncertainty to complete stupefaction.

You don't even need to get through the first sentence to know what this was about, since the title clearly state:

"Sierra Deaton and Luke Hemmings: a Deep Dive into their relationship."

I watched his eyebrows and forehead pull up, as his eyes fell out of place. His lips were slightly parted, flipping through the pages in complete silence.

He's in shock, understandably.

Fuck, I hate this.

What if he calls me crazy?

Not like he hasn't done that before.

"I know what you're going to say." I started as he was still intensively staring at the book in front of him. "You told me to leave them alone, but I just couldn't. This man is a cry for help, and it was just so difficult for me to turn a blind eye."

"Ash-"

"I'm sorry, I realize now that I should have listened to you. Me and Luke are in a weird place at the moment, what if it affects you? God, I'm a fucking moron."

"You're not a moron."

Our eyes met, and that's when I realized...

He's not mad.

"I am not?" I asked, sounding rather stunned.

"A moron wouldn't have noticed all of that stuff." He pushed the notepad aside, rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand. "All of it... it makes sense."

I watched him trying not to look at me, shaking his head from side to side. He closed his eyes after giving a blank stare to the ground, holding his forehead with both of his hands.

You don't need to feel guilty nor ashamed, Calum. You're not the only one that fell for their bogus of a relationship.

I sighed, taking a seat next to him. He finally faced me when I placed my hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Hey... I thought I was the one who needed some comfort tonight." I complained in a joking manner, making him lightly grin. "Not fair."

"You're right, I'm sorry." He cleared his throat. "I just feel bad for not trusting you from the start, that's all."

"Understandable." I nodded.

"And I also feel bad for Luke." He continued, which made my heart skip a single beat. "He is suffering in silence, and nobody is suspecting anything." He sighed. "Do you think Michael knows?"

"I highly doubt it. He looks clueless, as far as I'm concerned."

"That's good... I think?" He hesitated, before fixing his posture. "Anyway, why are you showing me this now? Does it have anything to do with why you wanted to leave early tonight?"

"You could say that..."

He watched me with puppy eyes as I exhaled deeply, looking him in the eyes.

"He kissed me."

[Flashback
// a few hours earlier...]

He kissed me.

And I fucking hate to admit that I enjoyed every second of it.

His lips are clearly made of silk, so velvety that I couldn't get enough of them.

I wanted more, I needed more.