ninety one | phantomesque

Start from the beginning

Kol replied, "I don't care! I can't just let them hurt her like this! She needs me!" When the boy only sighed in response, Kol told him, "She needs my help, Finn."

With a sigh, Finn looked around himself before he said, "Fine, but come with me and stay hidden. If they find either of us, they will hurt her a lot more than they currently are."

As soon as the younger versions of Kol and Finn made their way out of the room, Kai quickly went after them in order to see who they were talking about.

Not long after Kai ran after the two brothers, he found himself peeking his head around a wall to see a tall, blonde-haired woman and an older man with shoulder-length hair standing in front of a young girl, who was screaming and pleading for them to stop.

While the man was cutting into the girl with his sword, the woman was repeatedly swinging her hands and her arms and also occasionally holding her hands out in front of herself, which would only make the girl scream even louder than she already was.

While the two adults continued to hurt the girl, Kai glanced over at Kol, who was covering his mouth with both of his hands to muffle the sound of his crying as he watched the girl continue to sob and beg for the two adults to grant her their mercy.

It wasn't until after several long moments of them continuing to hurt the girl that the man dropped his sword and the woman lowered her arms, which got the girl to let out a gasp before she said, "Please don't do that again. I swear, I won't speak out of turn ever again. I-I promise." When neither of the adults responded, the girl said, "M-Mother? F-Father? P-Please forgive me. I-It won't happen again. I-I promise."

With a sigh, the girl's mother made her way over towards the girl with a frown on her face.

The father, on the other hand, quickly turned his back on his wife and his daughter, which got Kol and Finn to quickly go into the next room and hide, while they waited for their father to leave the cottage and head into the main part of the village.

It wasn't until they were sure that their father had left that they went back to peeking their heads around the wall, just in time to see their mother place a hand on their sister's face as she said, "I know you are, Annabelle, but your father and I cannot just let you go unpunished." When the younger version of Annabelle only started to sob in response, her mother told her, "It's for your own good. After all, if you can't handle the brutality of our punishments, then how could you truly survive out in the real world with no one there to protect you?"

Whatever other words the mother had said to Annabelle, Kai couldn't hear due to the sound of the mother's muffled voice.

All he knew was that Annabelle was still sobbing to herself, while her mother was trying to console her for the harm that was placed on her by her own mother and father.

As soon as her mother turned her back on her and also made her way out of the room, Kol and Finn quickly made their way into the room and tried to bring Annabelle back up onto her own two feet with no success.

Instead, Annabelle found herself leaning into Kol and resting her head on his chest, while Finn kept watch for either of their parents, in case they chose to come back and check on their second youngest daughter.

Just as Kol went to lightly brush Annabelle's hair out of her face, the two of them were forced to turn their heads when Esther quickly ran back into the room and started to yell at the six-year-old twins after already scolding Finn for turning on her.

Before anything else had the chance to happen, everything seemed to freeze in place, which got Kai's eyebrows to furrow as he stared ahead of himself with furrowed eyebrows.