Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

Roxy’s POV

I flipped my head back over and looked up at the high ceiling as I piled my hair on top of my head and tied it into a messy bun. I scooped up my pile of clothes from the bathroom floor and folded them as compactly as possible and shoved them into my bag, and took a look at myself in the ornate mirror hanging above the sink; A final tug on my bikini and I opened the door. I had to remind myself to stand up straight, and to keep my hands at my side instead of in front of my tummy. I’m only the shy type when I’m half naked, and it bothers me.

“Hey Niall…” I rapped lightly on the bedroom door. “You decent?”

“Yeah.” He said as he opened the door. I caught him looking me up and down, so I poked him hard in the ribs.

 “Be a gentleman.” I said.

“Whoops, sorry.” He said, crossing his arms in front of his body to prevent me from causing further injury. He had changed from his jeans into his swim trunks, but kept the same t shirt.

“Do you have something I can throw on over this?” I asked, standing on my toes to peer into the bedroom. “I’m going to feel like an asshole walking down the hall of this fancy hotel like this.”

“Sure.” He said as he grabbed that familiar purple hoodie off the back of the chair and turned off the light. He tossed it over to me, and I zipped it to my chin; instantly feeling less vulnerable. He grabbed his key card and his phone, and we headed for the pool. As we got into the elevator, Niall pushed the button for level 2 instead of the one for “Pool Deck”. I looked at him and lifted an eyebrow. “There are two pools here.” He explained. “One’s on the roof, but there is an indoor one on the second floor. In the spa.”

The elevator chimed and the doors opened to a long, deserted hallway. “Wanna race?” he said, looking at me mischievously. “Count of three?” I asked, each of us taking our mark at the lip of the elevator. He held the doors from closing as I counted down and we took off down the hall. We both gave it our best, but ultimately just looked ridiculous, him holding up his swim trunks, and me supporting my bikini top with cupped hands.

At the end of the hall, there was a right turn into the large frosted doors for hotel’s spa, which was called Serenity. I reached for the handle, but noticed a sign had been posted. Spa is closed due to maintenance. Please see the front desk for other amenity options. –Management. “Crap, it’s closed.” I said, retracting my hand and taking a breath to recover from the sprint.

“What was that thing you said about rules?” He asked as he turned the handle and held the door for me to enter. There was a small desk and a few chairs inside the door, presumably where guests checked in for their scheduled service, which Niall walked right past, taking my hand and leading me another set of frosted glass doors. “In here.” He said, opening the door for me once again. The pool area was gorgeous, dimly lit and peaceful, definitely living up to its name. The surface of the water was absolutely still and we were all alone.

As I was taking in the sight of the place, Niall snuck up behind me and made like he was going to push me in. I let out a scream and he laughed. “I’m only kidding ya.” He said, as he tucked his phone and key card into one pocket of the hoodie, as I unzipped it and laid it neatly on one of the chaise lounges. He turned his back toward me and pulled off his t shirt. I tried not to gawk. “Be a lady.” He said to me without turning around, and he took off for a cannon ball entry into the deep end.

Niall’s POV

“Jump in!” I urged her, as she walked the long way around, surveying the best spot to dip a toe in. She ignored me and sat down along the edge of the pool, and slowly lowered one calf and then then other into the warm water. “What, you can’t swim?” I asked.