Thankfully, you manage to reach the counter safely, with the intruder slowly moving around in the shop, whispering things to themselves that you can't quite comprehend.

Finally, the two of you reach the counter, the button under the desk just a few feet away from Shinichiro who's already making his way over.

Slowly, you feel yourself relax a little, knowing that after this, the two of you can go back to the safety of the break room where the intruder, hopefully, does not know about.

But then, as you watch Shinichiro start crawling over, you hear the frustrated voice of the intruder getting louder. "Do you think that this is a good idea?!"

"Just do it! We're already here!"

So there's two intruders...

Just then, you almost bump your head under the table as the alarm goes off, with Shinichiro looking at you with wide and panicked eyes at the unexpected sound coming from the alarm. All the while, the two intruders are also losing it, panicked eyes darting around the shop before zoning in on the counter where you're hiding.

Without much thought, just the panic driving him into moving his body, one of the intruders rushes to where you are, immediately spotting your crouched body on the floor, trying your best to hide yourself.

With no warning whatsoever, the intruder raises his arms, chest heaving in utter chaos as he all but loses any sense of himself as he brings his arms down, the chain cutter making contact with your head before you can even sense his presence looming over you.

...

A scream cuts through the shop, your name ringing into everyone's ears as Shinichiro all but pushes himself into his feet, fist making contact with the intruder's face as he pushes them away from your body that's now crumpled on the floor, unmoving.

The sound of your name makes the other intruder rush over to where you are, their hood falling off of their head as they kneel down in front of you, a gasp leaving their lips before their hands are holding onto your arm, pulling you towards them in a desperate attempt to make you stand up, all the while, Shinichiro loses himself.

His fist making contact with the intruder once more until they're dazely laying on the floor. But after that, just as Shinichiro was about to make his way to you, he sees the other intruder holding you close.

He sees the intruder trying their best to hold onto you which only makes him see red.

So, with absolute fear and anger singing through his veins, Shinichiro runs over and pushes the body away from you, his arms cradling your body as best as he could as he tries and kicks the other intruder away, spitting out insults after insults as his tears inevitably flows down his cheeks, unsure of what to do now that he can feel the warm liquid slowly dripping down his arms as he continues to hold you.

"Y/N, please, you need to stay with me. There's gonna be help soon. Help is on their way. The ambulance will be here... just stay with me. Please. I promised that I'll protect you. I promised. So please, let me... let me keep this promise, my star. Let me keep this promise... let me keep my promises to you..."

...

"Shinichiro-san..." The intruder whispers, hand gently grasping onto the hem of Shinichiro's pants which makes the man flinch, just about ready to kick the hand away if it weren't for the familiar face that's staring at him.

"Baji?"

He doesn't need any answer from the kid as the other intruder also crawls over, blood dripping from his nose and lips, tears welling both of their eyes as they try their best to make their way over to you only for Shinichiro to shout at them to stay back.