XXVII

"Can't believe we're finally having our winter break." Sara sighs out, a smile on her face as she cuddles up to your side while the four of you walk to the university's cafe to get some much needed hot liquid into your system after walking around campus and freezing your fingers off.

Opening the door for your friends, you walk in right after, following Yui to the table while the other two order for the rest of you. "What are you planning on doing for the rest of the break? Going somewhere?" She asks after the two of you have settled your things on the table, bags a little lighter now that all your projects for the semester have been submitted and graded.

It hasn't even been an hour ever since you got out of your last class but you can already feel yourself forgetting all of the things that you learned this semester the longer you bask in the winter break vibes of the cafe.

"I'll probably just stay home for a bit, maybe visit my parents in Hyogo since they're both staying there for a business trip. Then spend time with the kids? I haven't really planned anything out." You answer after checking some of Shinichiro's texts from earlier, the texts filled with apologies after telling you that he had to rain check on your date this afternoon since some new shipment just arrived in the shop.

You honestly don't blame him, not at all upset since you knew that he had other things to do and that you two can just move your date later.

"No plans with Sano? He's not gonna take you anywhere?" Haki asks after ordering for the group, hands filled with the tray of drinks while Sara follows after with some pastries. Handing out your drinks and pastries, you silently thank them before shaking your head no.

"Not really, he's gonna be gone for like a week to go to the Philippines then maybe after that we'll just spend it at home? We're a little busy to go out for christmas. Maybe just the usual visit to some shrines in New Year."

At that, the three girls all boo at you, with Yui and Sara pouting at your lame vacation while Haki lets out a huff, rolling her eyes before taking a sip of her coffee. "Why do you have such a lame plan for winter break when you're the only one who has a boyfriend here? Aren't you supposed to be the one getting those super romantic moments during the holidays? And to think that Sano took you on thirty dates before you answered him. I'm disappointed." Haki proclaims while the other two nod.

"Same, I thought I'll be dying from jealousy when I hear your stories about what you guys did but maybe it's time for me to show off and actually have someone for christmas. Gonna find myself a man!" Sara excitedly giggles with Yui who nods her head at your friend's plan while you can only snort at the two.

Biting onto the cookie, you point your finger at the three of them. "You know, the holidays aren't the only time you can experience romantic moments. If you're with the someone you love, everyday is a remonatic da-" You're cut short when you feel a rolled up tissue hti your cheek followed by a couple of giggles coming from your friends.

"Boo! You're not allowed to feel happy with your boyfriend while we're still single! Don't tell us about your moments with Shinichiro!" Yui playfully whines out as she pretends to cover her ears.

Sara follows suit, intentionally sipping on her drink loudly while facing away from you. As for Haki, she's still cackling at the two girls' chaotic intervention against your sappy moment.

"Alright alright! I'll stop! No need to be bitter about it. It's not like you three haven't been hyping up Shinichiro ever since that tenth date. Or helping him out with some date ideas even though you pretend to not like him." You intentionally look at Haki in the last part, knowing just how much she's trying her best to maintain that intimidating aura when around your boyfriend just because she enjoys seeing Shinichiro cling to you.