Bonus Chapter II

a/n: hey hey, this is the first bonus chapter from the poll! I won't say what it is but you probably already know judging from the warnings~ if not, then consider it a little surprise~ ehe <33

~~~~~

"I should go check it out-"

"Are you crazy?! What if someone broke in?"

"Then I'll just have to scare them away."

Pulling him closer to you by his shirt, you glare at him. "Let's call the police before you do that."

"Great idea. You should call the police then I'll sneak into the counter and press the emergency button so that we can try it as well. Like a test run-"

Your blood starts to boil due to Shinichiro seemingly not taking the situation seriously enough. "Shin! Let's just wait here. What if they have weapons or something?! What if you get hurt? What am I supposed to do if you get hurt? How about the kids? Grandpa?" You whisper shouted as you force him to look at you.

Letting out a sigh, Shinichiro takes your hands in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze before pressing a kiss on the back of your hands. "Don't worry, I promise. I won't get hurt. I'll just press that button under the counter then quickly make my way back here again, okay? So just call 110 and 119, okay? Stay here. I'll be ba-"

"No, if you're not gonna stay here with me, then take me with you." You announce, trying your best to push away the fear in your gut to make sure that the two of you will stay together.

You wouldn't want him walking out there all alone.

Tightening your hold on his hand to prevent him from trying to walk out of there all alone, you continue to stare him straight in the eyes, pleading for him to let you go with him. "Shin, it's better if we both go there together. We can protect each other, right? That's how we've always been, so why not do that now?" Under the dim lights of the break room, your new engagement ring glimmers, the sight making Shinichiro's stomach flip as he contemplates on your words.

"What if you get hurt?"

"I have you there to protect me, don't I? And I'll protect you too."

Staring back at you, Shinichiro can't help but sigh, giving in to your requests though his hold on your hand tightens just a little, making sure that you're right by his side as he slowly opens the door. "Fine, but once we're done with that button, we're heading straight back here."

Nodding your head, you take a deep breath, your other hand quickly grasping the umbrella that's propped up by the door while Shinichiro takes a broom.

Giving each other a look, you start creeping up to the counter, eyes trying their best to scan through the dark room, nerves jumping at every small sound as you try your best to look out for the person that broke in. Your breath stutters the closer the two of you get to the counter, not knowing just what will come out from the shadows.

You can feel the way Shinichiro's hand tightens around yours, sweating a little as he tugs you towards the wall in order to give the two of you a little more coverage as you're about to near the counter, the air getting more tense as he gives you a quick glance. "I'm going to make a quick run to the counter, wait here, okay?" He whispers right beside your ear as the two of you give the shop a once over, your lips drying up as you swallow a little, about to nod your head until you see something move in the corner of your eye.

And it seems as if Shinichiro caught it too, judging from the way his shoulders tensed up.

"Okay, maybe we should go together..." Sharing a look, the two of you start crawling towards the counter, straining your ears to make sure that the intruder isn't getting closer to either of you, though the umbrella in your grasp is making it hard for you to be sneaky.