Both Ways P2

Omega felt her stomach drop. This couldn't be happening. She watched as the glow coming from the stones faded away into blackness as the wind ruffled through her curls. Hunter's arms wrapped around her, securing her to his chest. All she could do was press her panicked self into him, closing her eyes and wait for what was to come.

Hunter could see through his helmet that the ground was nearing. He had been in worse accidents, but nevertheless, it would still be beyond painful, even with his armor. His mind, however, was only on Omega's safety. It would be on him if she didn't survive the fall as he would be the only thing protecting her from the stone hard ground. He maneuvered his body in the air, having Omega face up, leaving his back vulnerable. He sucked a deep breath in as he finally hit the ground.

***

Omega's eyelids were heavy as she tried to open them. When she managed to open them, she saw nothing. Fear set as she began to feel her way around her dark surroundings. The first thing her hand came in contact with was a still gloved hand still gripping her arm. Hunter. Omega found the little compartment on her bow strap where she kept a small torch. She was ever so grateful that she took it from the Marauder last minute. She pressed the little button and a faint light lit the small space up. Large slabs of rock fell in place around them, creating a hut shape. The way the stones fell must have prevented more from falling directly on them.

Omega carefully shined the light on Hunter. To her relief, he began to stir. The grip on her arm loosened as he came to his senses. Hunter pressed a hand to his aching head, smearing blood from a large gash on his forehead in doing so. His back refused to bend without a burning sensation, not to mention that his brain was also fried. A constant banging in his skull made him nauseous. It took everything in him to keep from puking right then and there. The soft yellow light made his eyes water as they adjusted from the pitch dark.

"Hunter?" A small voice asked with concern, "Are you okay?"

The tattooed faced man caught sight of the little girl kneeling next to him, her face twisted with worry.

"Yeah, kid. I'm okay." He tried to make it sound believable, but even to him it was a hard pass. He looked at Omega, gesturing to her only visible injury, being a scratch on her cheek. "Are you hurt?"

Omega ignored his question. "You're bleeding."

She noted what he had already felt trickling down his skin just above his right eye.

"It's nothing major." He wiped it away quickly, wishing he hadn't as it made his head pound even more than it was before. He grimaced, taking two of his fingers and pinching the bridge of his nose as if trying to think the pain away. A hand suddenly appeared on his shoulder. Omega lightly pushed him back to the ground, giving his back a break from the struggle of sitting up.

"That doesn't seem like 'nothing major', Hunter." She gave him a look that Tech usually made when he knew someone was lying. "You need to rest. I'll try and get my comm working again," she said.

Hunter waved her off. He was the leader and the adult. He should be the one figuring out how to communicate with the others, not lying around feeling sorry for himself.

"Omega, I'm fine. Just a small headache is—" A loud rumble broke through the air. For a second, Hunter thought it was another dreaded temblor, but now he realized it was just some unstable rocks making their way down. Unluckily for the two clones, the two slabs shielding them used up their worth. Hunter acted quickly, tackling Omega and rolling out of the way before they were both crushed. The slabs fell, followed by a loud bang.

Hunter's ears were ringing at the crash. To him, it sounded as if he was next to an explosion rather than two rocks colliding with the ground. He should hear his own shaky breaths as he attempted to calm himself, but with no anvil. There was too much commotion. All he wanted was silence. He gripped his head in his hands in hopes it would make everything stop.

After a minute the noise died down. Hunter stayed in the same position, wondering if it actually helped.

"Hunter," Omega whispered, "It's okay to not be fine. You're hurting and I understand that. Your enhanced senses make it harder for you." She took one of his hands and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Hunter stared at her, thinking. She may be a kid, but she sure doesn't act like one sometimes. He had to remind himself of her life alone back on Kamino. He guessed it gave her a lot of time to mature when she was only allowed to talk to the affectionless long-necks. Hunter didn't want her to grow up too fast. He enjoyed seeing her be a kid and wanted the time he had with her before she would face the galaxy without the batch. Without him.

He gave her a soft smile. "Since when did it become you taking care of me?"

The girl returned the smile. "It goes both ways, you know."

"I guess it does, kid." The Sergeant broke away from her eyes as a bright shined down on them.

Omega shot up, waving. She could see three helmets poking out over the hole in the ground above. From the looks of it, a wire was being tossed down. Omega felt a weight being lifted off her shoulders as Echo climbed down, running over to them.

"Are you two okay?" he asked, giving her a quick look over.

"I'm not hurt, but Hunter is." She led the ARC over to the injured leader. Echo sat next to him, running through medical questions and basic procedures. "Is he going to be alright?" she quietly asked.

"He will be," Echo answered back as Tech arrived. "Why don't you let Tech take you back up. I have Hunter. We'll be right behind you."

Omega nodded. Tech carefully picked her up as they ascended towards the awaiting Wrecker. Echo and Hunter came up moments later. Omega rushed to his side. Echo must have given him a sedative because he was sleeping peacefully.

"Don't worry. He'll be back to his old self in about an hour. Aside from some deep bruising and soreness," Echo commented. He kneeled down next to her. "You did a good job keeping him calm, Omega. Thank you for that. It's getting late and like the Sergeant said, you need your sleep." He motioned to Wrecker to come and take to her the safe part of the cave, away from the gaping hole.

"Will you wake me when he wakes up?" Omega asked just as her and Wrecker started walking away.

"Of course, kid."

Omega nodded, giving Hunter one last look as Wrecker picked her up. She must have not realized how tired she was. Before they reached the makeshift camp she fell asleep in Wrecker's arms.

Happy Wednesday! Today my brother is an adult 🎉🥳 

Didn't really proof read this, but here's P2!