Day 11/243, Story 9, Chapter 1 (P)

(Set in AU)

*****

"Eek!"

Sakayanagi squealed, bringing her knees closer to the rest of her body. She was sitting on her bed when the thunderstorm outside continued to rumble.

The rain pummeled her bedroom window like bullets, the house a fortress under siege.

"Ki, Kiyotaka." Sakayanagi cried out, closing her eyes.

Her boyfriend, Ayanokouji, sat close by her.

"Don't worry, I'm still here." Ayanokouji said, reassuring the girl.

"H, hand." Sakayanagi murmured, stretching out her arm. Ayanokouji happily obliged, taking her palm into his.

The storm roared again with a loud boom.

"A-ah!"

Sakayanagi started shivering. Ayanokouji rubbed his hand up and down her back, attempting to comfort her.

"Kiyotaka, please cover my ears."

"Eh? Is that okay? I'll be letting go of your hand, though."

Sakayanagi nodded.

"Very well."

Ayanokouji moved, positioning himself behind Sakayanagi, before placing his hands over her ears.

"Is that better?"

"U, un."

Sakayanagi relaxed her body a little - at least as much as one can when in a state of fear - and leaned against Ayanokouji.

This time, the storm was much louder, even going as far as to rock the house slightly. Sakayanagi's bedroom window opened, letting the cold air bombard the two. This was further exacerbated by the wind slamming the glass, opening the window even further. Ayanokouji was forced to rush and close it, plastering him with water in the process. A bolt of lightning struck the ground, but Ayanokouji managed to close the curtains before he was blinded.

"Y, you're wet." Sakayanagi commented. She had opened her eyes.

"It's nothing." Ayanokouji wiped his face with the back of his hand.

"It's not nothing, Kiyotaka." Sakayanagi slowly creeped out of bed, stumbling, and reached for a small towel, before jumping back onto the bed. She passed the towel to Ayanokouji.

"Thank you, Arisu." Ayanokouji continued wiping his face, using the towel this time.

Boom! The thunderclap sounded again.

Ayanokouji was quick to act, covering Sakayanagi's ears. Sakayanagi responded by wrapping her thumbs and index fingers around his wrists.

"C, curse this storm!" Sakayanagi shouted. "I'm telling you, Kiyotaka, in the future I'm going to invent a machine that controls the weather, so we'll never be scared of anything like this again!"

"I mean... it's completely unfeasible at the moment, but I suppose it's called the future for a reason."

Sakayanagi nodded her head vigorously. The two listened to the sound of rain hitting the glass. For a moment, everything seemed calm. Then...

Boom! The sound of thunder dominated the silence once again.

"AHH! Kiyotaka, it's not working! I can still hear it." Sakayanagi cried out loud, closing her eyes as tight as possible once again.

Kiyotaka thought for a moment, before coming up with an idea.

"Hey, Arisu... what if you listened to my heartbeat instead?" Ayanokouji suggested.

Sakayanagi turned to look at the brown-haired boy. A slight blush appeared on her face.

"W-well... I suppose it's worth a try."

Ayanokouji nodded, lying down on the bed.

"Now... how about you place your head against my chest and we'll see what that's like?"

"Okay, Kiyotaka. I trust you."

Sakayanagi slowly lowered the left side of her skull on Ayanokouji's chest, before positioning herself at a right angle to Ayanokouji. She was staring up at Ayanokouji's face. Her ankles were dangling over the edge of her bed.

Sakayanagi closed her eyes once again, focusing on Ayanokouji's heartbeat.

Badump!

Badump!

Badump!

Badump!

Sakayanagi could not hear much except the beat of Ayanokouji's heart and the breaths that he was taking. She managed to avoid hearing the sound of the raging storm which was taking place outside.

'Despite everything that that storm took away from me years ago...' Sakayanagi thought to herself. 'I suppose... this storm isn't too bad.'

Sakayanagi found herself calming down significantly. It wasn't long before she was whisked off to sleep.

Ayanokouji patted his girlfriend's head.

"Sweet dreams, Arisu."

The End

Date: 14th March, 2022

*****

Prompt: 'Arisu is scared of the thunder and Kiyo tries to calm them down during a particularly heavy storm.'

Taken from OTP prompt generator!

(A/N: Just a short one today. I cooked this one up in less than half an hour! As you can see, this oneshot was inspired by a prompt I found online.

I must admit, I am still struggling with writing - again, I'm not necessarily finding it difficult to come up with ideas, those come up quite often, but I think that I don't have enough to be able to sustainably write for 243 days. Luckily, there are plenty of prompts that I have found online so I'll be able to work with those, and I might play around with the random word generator again. I'm thinking of doing some of my original content after I either come up with more than 60 ideas or I reach past the 70 day mark. Only exception being those study fics.

Speaking of those, I think I might do one tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as short as it is, and I hope to see you in the next one!)