▪︎ Chapter 5 ▪︎

Aether POV

This whole wild goose chase really killed me. We lost the blue hair girl and Venti completely collapsed from the amount of running he had gone through. "Aether, carry me please. My legs are officially dead" Venti dramatically said. I told him and the other two that this wasn't a good idea but they insisted on running after that girl. Maybe she just looks like Y/N. I mean Y/N is helping the Kamisato company or Komore tea house.

I then picked up Venti carrying him on my back while I looked for Xiao and Kazuha. We. No, I walked and walked until I saw the two of them with red eyes. "What the hell happened, both of your eyes are red-er than Diluc's hair" Kazuha sighs, his voice sounds starchy and Xiao's eyes keep twitching. "That bloody girl carries a fricken smoke bomb and now are eyes are red as fu-" before Xiao could finished his sentence Kazuha slaps his hand on his mouth "no swearing."

Kazhua was strict about the swearing rules since on our first livestream we could hear Xiao throwing F bombs and the whole video got demonetized after that. "Let's just all go back home and rest please" Venti said as he pats my head.

Remind me to get more serious like Lumine when it comes to chasing people ideas. Before our legs shatter and our eyes go red.

.

.

.

- - -●- - -

Y/N pov

What… 
How did the orphanage burn down? What happened to Nana and the others, are they still alive, what about Miss Veronica and the other staff members what happened to them.
"Miss Y/N is this a hard topic for you?" Jean asked as she gave me a tissue. I didn't realise I was crying at all, but I just answered Jean with a nod. She then proceeds to take out another file named the flames of Springvale Orphanage.

"I'll tell you the case personally."
Jean said as she grabs and opened the file revealing pictures of the very same orphanage I grew up in, in total destruction of flames.

"This happened around a few years back. From the information we have a fatui harbinger committed arson on the building. It is said that he threw around thirty liters of gasoline all over the place and lit it up. Our guess om how they were able to pour than much Gas is a helicopter with the water transport attacked to the bottom, instead of water it was gasoline.
. Half of the orphans died while the other half vanished. All the workers had died during this incident. We haven't caught the Fatui Harbinger who was behind this awful crime." 

I clenched my fist onto my pants. Ayaka could see how angry I was. "Sis calm down" I couldn't. I JUST COULDN'T! 
"Miss Y/N I'll allow you and your sister to take a break from this mission but first please go to the remains of springvale orphanage. I personally don't know if I missed any evidence or clues and who knows if it's going to connect with your case or someone else's case." Jean then signals us that we are able to leave.
Albedo helped us out of the build and let us be. "Sister. If you want I can search Springvale orphanage by myself if you want…" Ayaka informed me but no. I want to help as much as possible. Now I have more motivation in this case.

- - -●- - -

On our way to springvale orphanage I could get small pieces of my memories playing in my head. The breeze which flowed across my hair added on to the feeling. It almost felt like I was seven again, playing with Nana and with Aether, Kazuha, Venti and Xiao.