EIGHT

CONTENTS:

-- 022
The Past is Hard to Let go of

-- 023
Knock Knock

-- 024
It is not Worth it to see you Cry

+------------------------------ +
0 2 2
The Past is Hard to Let go of

Lucas was staring at the horizon, the sun was beginning to set in front of him. He turned in hopes that he could still see the empire behind him, but all he could see was the forest. He was long gone from the empire, there is a long distance in between, away from the princess. He shook his head immediately to turn back in front and continued his journey.

Ever since he left, all that was in his mind was the Sacred World Tree. And Athanasia. Nothing else matters but only that. Making Lucas scoff at the thought because it wasn't that he missed the princess, it wasn't that he wanted to hear her voice. It was the image of her face, looking so broken when he pushed her away. It was as if he had lost everything as he saw the look on her face. It brought Lucas heartbreak.

When Athanasia kissed him it was everything that he had ever dreamed. To hold her close, to have his arms around her, feeling her touch. But as he closed his eyes, he had thought to himself that it would just be better for him to just stay by her side, not getting more across the line. Lucas was afraid. He had never cared for someone before since his master died, the man who he was treated as if he was his son. To have Athanasia by his side was enough for him, but to become more than that, to be more connected emotionally, Lucas could not bear it.

Seeing his master disappeared in front of him, he told himself that he could not bear another heartbreak of losing someone, leaving him alone in the dust.

Since he was born, he wasn't loved by his biological family, pushing him away as if he was an outcast. And there was the magician of the black tower who took him under his wing and became his apprentice. Lucas started to master the beauty of using magic, it was amazing as he could have imagined. His master showed him different doors that lead to many discoveries, opening his view about the world that he had thought was small, much wider.

And because of that his master was like the father that had ever wanted.

Years passed by, his master found a family and Lucas' circle grew. It gave him a hard time to adjust as he was just used to being alone with his master but he still stayed. He watched every action, every emotion that would spill out from his master's heart as if he was a different person. It was new to Lucas yet he could not understand. Even through books, he could not understand what it is to love or what it is to be a family. Even if he asked, his master would only answer him for something that would even make himself more confused.

Even until the death of his master's family, Lucas could still not understand.

Seeing his master's expression as they stood on their graves, he asked himself,

Why is he looking in pain?

Why did he have tears?

What's making him cry?

Lucas couldn't answer.

The thought of losing someone special, Lucas still couldn't feel a thing.

Until his master died.