Chapter 85

-Draco's POV-

The fresh breeze of the sea, blew lightly, delivering the sound of waves to our ears. The skies are clear, birds are chirping their tune, and the grasses are swaying with the wind.

I have taken her here to calm her down after having a mental breakdown. I had let her lay her head on my shoulder and had let her play with the rings on my fingers, including the ring, which signifies that we are committed to each other.

Her nose was still red, Her eyes looks tired from all of the crying, and she looks like she was exhausted from everything. However, she has disregarded all those things and feelings, now that she felt safe with me.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to remember me," I spoke.

"I'm sorry for hurting you..." She said. Her voice was soft like the soft petals that roses had.

"You don't need to apologize. I understand that you could not remember me and how you wanted to forget everything. William had told me."

"But..." She sighed, tears started swelling up in her eyes. "My child..." Her voice began to break, looking at me as I stared at her dark beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry...I lost it..." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I didn't know I was with a child— I'm sorry...I really do want to keep it. I'm really sorry, Draco..."

I wiped the tears off her cheeks and hugged her into my arms, letting her cry all the pain out that was weighing her down.

I know how much she felt, especially now that she remembered that she had a miscarriage.

Losing a child in a miscarriage wasn't easy to handle alone. I know she felt guilty and blamed herself for losing the child even though it wasn't her fault.

It saddens me to see her like this. This is the downside of the Forgetfulness Charm when it was reversed. She was able to remember the things that have hurt her.

I'm truly happy that she remembered me, but...I just hated the fact that she has to remember what ripped her heart apart.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

The dark sky has covered the whole town and stars appeared, dazzling on the night sky, along with the moon. It was already 11 in the evening, and she and I were laying down on her bed, feeling each other's warmth from the embrace I have enunciated.

The moonlight entered through the window, illuminating the whole of her bedroom in bluish dim light.

She had cried most of the whole morning, causing the lower lid of her eyes to puff slightly. Although, she still looked adorable, especially when her nose slightly went red.

"I never signed the divorce papers," I told, looking down at her.

Her eyes shifted to mine as they both gleamed from the light of the moon.

"You never did?" Hope rises up from her.

"You think I would?" I grinned.

A soft sigh escaped her lips and laid her head down on my chest.

"Father forced me to sign...so I thought you would be forced too..." She stated.

"Who would you think would force me?"

"I don't know...your father? I think..."

"He only cared about me having an heir. He even suggested that I should marry another..." I gently patted her hair. "Said that he'll arrange me to another girl after the war." I sighed. "But he was sent to Azkaban along with the other Death Eaters."

"Aren't you too?" She furrowed eyebrows as she looked back into my eyes, and a frown appeared on her pinkish lips.

"Are you worried that they might take me there too?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You should not," I chuckled. "Because father didn't want mother and me to be sent there too. He took all the blame."

"Don't the court always provide truth potions?"

"They do. Father had taken it and said that mother and I were just following orders and said that we are only forced to do unpleasant things to survive."

"Your father may have flaws, but he does love you both." A smile crept on her lips and laid her head back to my chest as a yawn escaped from her lips. "Although, I really admire the way you tossed the wand to Harry during the war."

I have told her everything about the war, everything that I have wanted to tell her. I just wanted to see how proud and happy she would be.

"You changed me, love. You made me do the right things." I replied.

"But I didn't do anything."

"You did a lot of things for me, love. You might not just see it."

I felt her cheeks move on my chest, which made me realize that she was smiling at this very moment.

We were both silent, listening to crickets chirping from outside the cottage. It was calming, especially now that everything I wished for had come true. She's finally mine again. She's finally in my arms again. And I will never let her go, never again. I love her. I love every part of her. She's the only girl that I could express myself. She wasn't an ordinary girl, she's a goddess, a gift from the heavens. I don't know how much I deserve her. I don't know why I deserve her when everything I did upon growing up was not pleasing to the eyes of most people. All I know is that now...I feel lucky.

"Y/n, do you truly love me?" I asked, wanting and desiring to hear her say she loves me.

She looked up at me, placing that sweet smile I always adored.

"With my whole heart, Draco. I truly love you." She replied.

"I love you too, love." I told, placing my finger under her chin and caressing it. "I love every part of you." I placed a kiss on her forehead.

Then a though came to my mind, an event that will be forever in our memories.

"Y/n, may I ask you something?" I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Of course, you may." She allowed, her eyes gleaming from the moonlight.

"Will you do me the honour to marry you again?" My voice was low, yet it was calm.

"But..." I pressed her lips together before parting them again. "We're not divorced." She chuckled. "You said it yourself."

"I know, love." A soft chuckled uttered upon my lips. "I wanted to marry you in the right way, where the arrangement was never attached, but love."