Chapter 23

-Y/n's POV-

Two months have passed and Draco barely talked to me- Wait, no, he hasn't spoken a word to me ever since that night. When we needed to fix the Cabinet he would tell Michael to call for me. It was truly weird but I felt relieved when Michael has no problem with it, him being used as someone to call for me.

And there are times I would always catch him with Parkinson, which only hurt me like I felt like a sharp dagger just stabbed me.

I do try to ignore it, but I just couldn't. My eyes couldn't stop looking at him, my heart couldn't stop beating loudly for him. Honestly, it was the worst feeling I have ever had.

I sighed and just returned my focus to my sketchbook.

I was sitting on my bed with my sketchbook, sketching the Girl with a Pearl Earring. Sketching or Painting has been my skill and talent ever since I was little. It is where I take my mind off from everything.

Then, a knock was heard on the door.

Of course, I knew it would be Michael calling me to go fix the Cabinet.

I placed my sketchbook down on my bed and got off, then headed to the door. I grabbed the doorknob, twisting it as it opens.

"Mic-" My smile dropped, seeing Draco in front of me. "Draco?" I asked, confused why just now he's the one standing in front of me.

"Michael can't come. His mother called her back to the Manor, he'll be back tomorrow." His monotonous voice gives me shivers down my spine.

"Why?" I asked.

He never gave me any answer and just left.

"Rude," I said under my breath and followed him.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

I walked closer to the Vanishing Cabinet and opened it as I placed a wine glass that I found in the Room of requirements and closed the cabinet. I pointed my wand at it as I closed my eyes.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." I whispered.

I opened my eyes and waited for a while to make sure the glass comes back in pieces.

As I was about to open the cabinet, I felt Draco suddenly grab my hand and pull me behind the pile of old things. He used his wand to cover the cabinet back with an old cloth.

"Draco, What the f-"

"Shh.." he hushed me by covering my mouth, which I find utterly rude. "Someone's here."

He removed his off my mouth and took a peek, checking on who might it be, but his hand never left my hand.

The same feeling again overtook my heart. The time when he first held my hands. I looked upon it and noticed that he never removed our wedding ring on his finger. Odd of him truly, but why is this giving some sort of happiness?

Suddenly, hiccups escaped my lips.

Draco immediately placed his hand back on my mouth, covering it, so I won't be much heard by whoever is there.

"Really? Right now?" He rasped in a whispering way.

I just nodded, still, my hiccups are travelling out of my mouth.

"Alright, close your eyes...that way you can't be tempted." I heard someone say. A female's voice. "Close your eyes."

Draco removed his hand from mine and place it around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him, while his other hand was still covering my mouth. We moved away from the edge of the pile, for us to be unable to find or see.

We stood like this for a while. I could barely move from his grip and barely make any sound because his hand is still covering my mouth even though my hiccups are gone. And yes, I tried to remove his hand away from my mouth, but he didn't want to.

As soon as I heard the door close, I bit his hand, causing him to groan.

"Why did you do that?" He rasped, massaging his hand that I had bitten.

"Of course I did that because you didn't want to remove your hand." I glared. "It's not like I couldn't keep myself quiet." I scoffed, my arms crossed on my chest.

The next thing I knew is his hand have held a grip on my waist as he pressed me against the pillar nearby. His other hand cupped my cheek while he looked at me in the eyes with lust.

Then he leaned closer to my ear, "So, you mean you could keep yourself quiet even if we did desirable things?"

My breathing started to tremble as it escaped my lips. Then I felt his hand let go of my waist, placing it on my thigh as he caressed it up to my skirt and his rings touched my flesh.

I stepped on his foot as he let out a groan again and I pushed him away, glaring at him.

"Why do you always-"

"No, YOU! Why do you always do that?" I spat. "It's utterly disgusting and it's like you don't respect me at all. Well, you never did. You really thought you could just get my body all you want, but you're wrong."

He just stared at me with disbelief. He didn't expect me to say these things to him. Honestly, I have never told him that.

"You are too high in your insteps, Draco. Your ego is so big that you think everyone is fond of you." I added. "I don't why Parkinson is so blind to see these things about you. Lucky her, she could manage you."

I glared at him as I walked out behind the pile to see if the Wine glass came back perfectly.

I opened the door of the cabinet, only to see shattered glasses, scattered around the shelf.

Frown formed my lips because I feel like the cabinet can't be fixed in time. I didn't want my parents or my brother to suffer because of me.

-Draco's POV-

I went out behind the pile and saw Y/n looking down at the wine glass inside that she placed earlier in the cabinet.

She looked upset while looking at it.

The Wine glass must've come back broken to pieces.

"Y/n," I called, even though she left me speechless earlier.

She turned her head to me, her eyes full of sadness as if she wanted to cry. She bit her lower lip, trying to stop it from quivering.

She looked back down at the cabinet, closed the door of it and left without a word.

I knew how she felt. She's terrified that her family would be harmed because of her. I felt the same way.

We both don't know what to do if we failed.

𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 || 𝐃.𝐌जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें