Chapter 80

A/n: This chapter may be short.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

"So, you mean that you're here because this girl cannot remember you?" Y/n asked, making sure she understood Draco well.

She and Draco were walking their way back home to the cottage, talking about the reason why Draco was truly here because of a girl he loves. And of course, Y/n felt— She felt like her heart had been stung by a bee or had been shattered. She doesn't know why.

"Yes." Draco acknowledged.

"O...oh..." She pretended to smile as she looked back to her path. "Can you tell me about her? I mean about how you guys met or your story? I'm really curious." She asked.

Draco didn't expect Y/n to ask for their story. She didn't really have a single idea that she is that girl that Draco was talking about, that she was married to him at the age of 16. And now, she's already 18 and has forgotten all about it.

"Really?" Draco mused as if it wasn't his plan to tell her about their story.

"Really."

Draco's lips curled up, glad that she wanted to listen, and his hopes even went further and higher, for there could be or might be a chance that Y/n could remember everything about him, including his mother, Michael, everything.

"Let's go down to the beach and I can tell you about her..." about us. The last words were kept inside Draco's mind.

☁︎︎ ❀ ☁︎

Y/n had taken up a blanket from her cottage for them to sit at the beach, on her other arm was a basket of food: fruits, bread, biscuits and a bottle of juice. The cold breeze of the sea blew through her hair, making her hair look like the waves of the ocean. Draco, however, was setting up the umbrella for them to be protected from the scorching sun.

She laid the blanket down on the sand and placed the basket on it as she sat down.

"So, tell me." She said, taking the food out of the basket. "Tell me about her. What's her name?"

The question quite alarmed Draco. He didn't exactly expect that she would ask for her name.

"Oh, I...Uh..." He sat down next to her, still, there were a few inches of space in between them. "I cannot tell you her name."

"Why?" She took a piece of her bread and ate it.

"I'll tell you once I told you everything about her." He smiled.

"Oh," She smiled too. "Then you should begin now so I may know her name."

"Very well then." He cleared his throat. "Well, to start, we were actually arranged because of our grandfathers' promises to each other."

"So, your grandfather and hers are close friends?"

"You're quite correct." He grinned. "Although, we weren't close before, don't even talk with each other. We were just housemates." He continued. "But all changed when we got married. Well, yes, at first, after our wedding, I was cold and mistreated her in the wrong way, which she didn't deserve."

"Oh..." She fretted.

"But," He sighed, looking at. "As days passed by, I was able to grow feelings for her and at that time, I was so blind to see that she has the same affection as me and I thought and believed that she loves Michael."

"And who is this cousin?"

"Michael," Draco replied. "He is a nice man and befriended my wife. His father and he have moved to the United States. And to let you know, he has affections towards her too, but he just remained friends with her because he knew how much she loves me."

Y/n kept listening.

"Michael was always there for her, especially when she had her miscarriage."

"Miscarriage at a young age?" Y/n exclaimed. "That's awful."

"I know..." He looked down on his lap, sadness was written to his eyes. "It was my fault. I should have controlled myself."

"You raped your wife?!" She was utterly shocked.

"Merlin, no!" He uttered. "She got drunk and gave me her consent, and there's me, of course, who believes in it and I-" He paused. "I did the-- I did-"

"I know what you mean." She chuckled. "But you know, some drunk people tend to do what they desire. The desires they never want to enunciate nor happen. But of course, some are overtaken by the alcohol and they couldn't control nor stop the things that they don't want to do."

"Yeah," He breathed. "However, I do regret until now that I have done things to hurt her. I wish I could apologize to her."