Chapter 76

Draco woke up and felt someone's arms, wrapped around his waist. He looked down and noticed that Y/n had dug her face on his chest, sleeping peacefully and comfortably.

Y/n moved even closer, hugging Draco tightly, which just made him melt even more than he already was.

She looked comfortable as if she was in her safe haven. Well, she was though if she could only remember the man she's embracing right now in her sleep.

Draco brushed her hair with his fingers, watching her sleep. He missed this for months, and God knows how desperate he was to feel this moment again. However, this feeling lasted when Y/n had opened her eyes and caught Draco smiling down at her.

It startled her, of course, and pushed the young man away as she accidentally made herself fall from the bed, crashing on the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow," she groaned, touching her back.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked as he sat on the side of the bed, offering his hand to Y/n, but she refused by not placing her hand on his. It just disappointed him.

"Y...ye..yeah." She stammered as she stood up from the floor, fixing her clothes. She felt embarrassed and she couldn't even look at him, especially when their faces are too close to each other earlier. "I...I must go and......take Daisy for a walk." She spoke and walked out of the room, leaving Draco in his bed.

Draco wanted to punch himself for doing such a thing that could make Y/n uncomfortable. He wished he never embraced her, but his heart wanted to. It is a battle between his brain and heart and it is indeed, very difficult to choose. He wanted to do what's best...that is to make her remember, but he led her heart fully take over him and made such a quick move when he knew that he must take things slowly.

He groaned, laying back down on his bed. He foresees himself failing his one job on taking his beloved back.

Wild thoughts were running in his mind and it made him want to cry. He truly misses her, he misses her loving touch.

Oh, if only Draco could undo the spell, he would have done it, but he could not, for only the person who knows how to do it can undo it. And he knows no one who can undo the spell.

-Y/n's POV-

The morning sun shot its rays through the bluish cloud of the sky. The sea was calm and it only created tiny waves with the wind. Daisy was playing around, nearby the water, and she would run away when the water chases her.

It was truly a beautiful sight and a beautiful day, but my thoughts didn't go along with it.

Confused? Bewildered? I barely knew the man and why do I have this feeling like something I cannot define. Something like I must feel, but- I really don't know what's going on. It confuses me as well.

Daisy came running back to me, barking, which snapped me out of my thoughts. She sat down next to me, waggling her tail and sticking her tongue out.

"Should I go back and speak to him?" I asked, patting her head.

"Speak to who? Draco?"

I flinched my head once I heard a deep tone of voice from no other than Mpho. And with him was Rose, holding a yellow flower called Buttercup that she might have picked up from the plant box in front of a shop.

"Mpho," Grin immediately appeared on my lips even though my body couldn't possibly have the urge to do so. "What are- I mean, How did the two of you find me?"

"Draco told us that you're going to walk your dog and we wanted to spend our time here for a moment while waiting for you...but...it seems to be that we found you here." He told.

Rose sat down next to me, smiling at her, as she handed me the buttercup, and her eyes glistened with joy. I smiled and took it from her hand, and she returned me a sweet smile that made me almost cooed.

I did not regret volunteering in the orphanage even though Papa refused. However, it was my idea in the very first place, for I truly am fond of children, especially when Mama had told me that I only had a low chance of having one.

Rose lifted her hands and communicated to me with the use of sign language saying that "Draco had gone out to explore the town." and I replied with an "Oh."

I looked above the skies, still wondering about the uncanny feeling inside my chest. I cannot understand at all why only I felt this way when this young man arrived, especially when I offered him the spare room in the cottage my father bought. To be precise, I don't know the reason too why I had let a stranger in. And yes, I have let him stay in my cottage because he had saved me and Rose, but why do I still feel like there's more reason behind it. Why?

"Y/n?" Mpho snapped his hand in front of me, making my thoughts return back to the reality I was in.

"Oh...sorry.." I lightly shook my head and looked up to Mpho. "What were you saying again?"

"Well," Rose and him exchanged glances. "The town's holding an event for the next two days at night, a festival. So, it's is expected to have dances, music, exquisite decorations and feast."

"And?"

"We wanted to ask for help in preparing for the decorations for the festival and you should invite Draco too, but it seems to be you are having a problem with him-"

"I'll tell him." I sighed, smiling, regardless of what happened just this morning.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I smiled, looking back down to my lap. "Is he still there?"

"He is."

-Third Person POV-

Y/n bid farewell to the two as they went back to town for the preparation. She sighed after she has lost sight of Rose and Mpho. Nervous she is, of course. She couldn't face Draco herself just because of that one embarrassing thing that happened just this morning.

She still couldn't fathom that feeling she had when the blond boy wrapped his arms around her in their sleep. There was comfort, yes, but there's slightly an uncomfortable feeling that is fighting against that comfortable feeling.

"Y/n?"

Y/n froze as soon as she heard the blond boy's deep voice that gives her shivers. She calmed her nerves down and turned around to face him, even though she wasn't yet ready. But she knew it is better than keeping that unbearable feeling of not talking to him just because of that incident.

"Yes?" She finally spoke, smiling nervously.

"I do apologize about earlier this morning. I-" He bit his lips, nervous about how should he explain what he had done. "I-" But he chose to lie. "You were sleeping peacefully and strands of your hair fell off your face that is why I brushed it off in avoidance to wake you up. You do know that hair tickles sometimes." There was a slight fact in it but the truth was, he admired her in her sleep. He missed it, the feeling of comfort that he didn't want to let go of.

"I understand," Her nerves finally calmed down after hearing Draco's statement. "And I think I should apologize too for pushing you...harshly."

Draco smiled softly at the girl. She may have forgotten everything about him but Draco never forgot how she acts when she had hurt someone or when she did something that made her feel guilty. It was very typical of her to apologize to the people she knew and she's closed with.

"I forgive you."